Axis1
Thread poster: Patrick McKeown

Patrick McKeown  Identity Verified
Italy
Local time: 05:10
Italian to English
+ ...
Jun 6, 2002

I\'m not sure if this is the right place to ask this question, but here goes.

Out of curiosity, I followed the Axis1 job posting link to the profile page, which has a rather minimalist feel to it. I clicked on the Axis1 web page link and was directed to my own proz.com profile.

Can anyone help me understand why this should be so?

Thanks

Direct link Reply with quote

Nathalie M. Girard, ALHC  Identity Verified
English to French
+ ...
I know why... Jun 7, 2002

The person who set up that Axis1 page forgot to include the prefix HTTP:// in front of the URL for their website.

So when you go and look at their page, it reflects *your* own profile to you. If I went and looked at it, it would show me my profile.

Why do I know this? It\'s because another agency had set up a minimum info page and did the same thing. When I looked at their Proz profile and went down to the bottom and clicked on their website url, it showed me my profile.

I wrote to technical support and gave them the profile in question and they fixed it for the agency.

You should contact technical support to ask them to fix this one too. Perhaps they should *add* an automatic \"http://\" in that field so people don\'t forget to put it in

Hope this helps!

Enjoy your weekend!

Nathalie

[ This Message was edited by: on 2002-06-07 02:58 ]

Direct link Reply with quote

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

Axis1

Advanced search

Wordfast Pro
Translation Memory Software for Any Platform

Exclusive discount for ProZ.com users! Save over 13% when purchasing Wordfast Pro through ProZ.com. Wordfast is the world's #1 provider of platform-independent Translation Memory software. Consistently ranked the most user-friendly and highest value

More info »
TM-Town
Manage your TMs and Terms ... and boost your translation business

Are you ready for something fresh in the industry? TM-Town is a unique new site for you -- the freelance translator -- to store, manage and share translation memories (TMs) and glossaries...and potentially meet new clients on the basis of your prior work.

More info »

All of ProZ.com
  • All of ProZ.com
  • Term search
  • Jobs