Off topic: Looking for VERY cheap accommodation in London
Thread poster: Palko Agi
Palko Agi  Identity Verified
Local time: 18:07
English to Hungarian
+ ...
Oct 7, 2005

Dear Colleagues,

If someone could help me finding a really cheap place to stay in London, for two nights (28-29 Oct.) I would be really grateful. The sites on the net that offer "cheap" places don't know what it means to live on a teacher's salary in Hungary.

I don't know if it is too much to ask if someone has a spare bed or a sofa... ?

I have won a Tempus-financed course in Plymouth, and I would like to spend the weekend before in London, but I am on a very-very low budget at the moment.

Thank you.

Direct link Reply with quote

Williamson  Identity Verified
United Kingdom
Local time: 17:07
Flemish to English
+ ...
Hospitality Club. Oct 7, 2005

Try the people of the hospitality club:
Price to stay at their place : 0 euro if you abide by the rules of the host. Of course a small gift is always appreciated everywhere.

Gildas Gouardos  Identity Verified
English to French Oct 7, 2005

You could try via as well.

Zsanett Rozendaal-Pandur  Identity Verified
Dutch to Hungarian
+ ...
Great ideas Oct 7, 2005

I just checked this thread out of interest and i find the suggestions mentioned above great! I've never heard of them, but i'm interested if it really works as smooth as it looks. If you try them, Ági, could you let us know how it worked out? Could be a great option for the future.

Good luck!

[Edited at 2005-10-07 16:25]

Iza Szczypka  Identity Verified
English to Polish
+ ...
Hospitality Club Oct 8, 2005

I do not know about the other one, but Hospitality Club does work - I've been a member for 2-3 years and a few folks have already come over for weekend outings or en route from Eastern Europe to the West. My husband also used HC when he went for a job interview to the UK.
Great idea and great people to meet!

[Edited at 2005-10-08 09:50]

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

Looking for VERY cheap accommodation in London

Advanced search

Wordfast Pro
Translation Memory Software for Any Platform

Exclusive discount for users! Save over 13% when purchasing Wordfast Pro through Wordfast is the world's #1 provider of platform-independent Translation Memory software. Consistently ranked the most user-friendly and highest value

More info »
Translators like you are producing higher quality translations faster with Lilt!

After years of research at Stanford University, Lilt has introduced a revolutionary new tool that will change the way you translate. Lilt learns how you translate to give you more personalized suggestions. Be more productive today! Use it FOR FREE!

More info »

All of
  • All of
  • Term search
  • Jobs