aivars  Identity Verified
Argentina
Local time: 08:50
English to Spanish
+ ...
Jul 10, 2002

Fortunately, now I see that I am not alone in stating that:

1) getting quality help in minutes is a bliss

2) this is a direct result from how things are set on the site: kudoz, the system in general, etc.

So I very much stand for status quo, long live King Kudoz!

However, I might confess that many times there is more than one answer that for me deserves reward. By rewarding one I cannot express my appreciation for the solution the other has offered.

It would be lovely, that one could award more than one answer (split scores perhaps?)

The other thing I don´t like that much, is this option to thank somebody if they supported the solution they ´d offered. This, IMHO, might generate alliances that do not help to achieve the two main goals, again for me, that all this should have:

speed and quality

just ramblings, my friends

[ This Message was edited by: on 2002-07-10 20:09 ]

Direct link Reply with quote

Aurora Humarán  Identity Verified
Argentina
English to Spanish
+ ...
Splitting scores... Jul 10, 2002

Poor Henry!

Look at his kids: every day more and more demanding. Why don´t we? Why don´t we?

Well Henry... WE ARE YOUR MONSTERS.

YOU CREATED US.

Aivars I agree with you when you say that splitting scores is sometimes necessary.

I think we may say, ok, I have the four sweets: one is for XX and three are for YY.

Sounds fair and reasonable. Don´t know if feasible ... Jason?

Cheers Aivars....and fue un gustazo conocerte el otro día!

Aurora

Leonardo Parachú  Identity Verified
English to Spanish
+ ...
Aivars, don´t worry about me at least... Jul 10, 2002

My best reward is to read something like \"Thanks to everyone. You´ve all been great help\".

BTW, What´s your name? I forgot to ask you that Friday in BA...

Regards,

Leonardo.

PD: wasn´t this the Spanish forum?

No, it wasn´t.

[ This Message was edited by: on 2002-07-10 21:54 ]

Dr. Fred Thomson  Identity Verified
United States
Local time: 05:50
German to English
Thanks to all Jul 11, 2002

I agree with Leonardo. When you have to choose, simply pick the answer that was most helpful and extend a sepcial thanks to one or two or all of the others.

We don\'t help just to get points; we help because we are all in this together.

As for the thanks-for-an-agree: I am just conceited enough to believe that the \"agree\" is extended because the person thinks I have the best answer, not because the person wants to ingratiate him/herself with me. And when I thank for the support, it\'s not because I hope the person become my special friend. Objectivity is expected, called for, and probably forthcoming. I trust you and others to be objective, and I expect you to trust men and others to be objective.

Dr. Fred Thomson  Identity Verified
United States
Local time: 05:50
German to English
Freudian slip? Jul 11, 2002

I didn\'t mean \"men,\" Imeant \"me.\"

Leonardo Parachú  Identity Verified
English to Spanish
+ ...
Well, I do sometimes agree to say "Hi" to someone BUT... Jul 11, 2002

...only if I truly think his/her answer is adequate. And sometimes I even refrain myself from sending any comment (even when MANY peers have agreed to a response) because the question is totally out of my league, whether or not the answerer is a friend of mine.

Regards,

Leonardo.
[addsig]

xxxCHENOUMI  Identity Verified
English to French
+ ...
I, too, have found myself in that awful predicament... Jul 11, 2002

Well Aivars, I am comforted in the idea that I am not alone in this frustration. I first experienced the uneasiness of the situation when I had to select answers to some of my questions. In one case, one of the answerers provided me with excellent insight while the other one, featured a well-documented response.

( I was unable to do so. (

I felt really bad and helpless... I wanted to gratify both with KudoZ.

I agree with the principle of splitting the score, but our dear Henry will probably have to raise it to 8 or 10 points in those particular instances. That way, each deserving answer will get 4/4 or 5/5 points and be equitably rewarded.

I personally think that an excellent answer should be awarded more than 1 or 2 points (4 being the decent minimum, so far).

Let\'s hope that pretty soon, in KudoZ kingdom, more loyal servants will be rejoicing!!!

Cheers Henry!

[ This Message was edited by: on 2002-07-11 07:56 ]

[ This Message was edited by: on 2002-07-11 07:58 ]

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

I hate it when I can only reward only one collaborator

Advanced search

Anycount & Translation Office 3000
Translation Office 3000

Translation Office 3000 is an advanced accounting tool for freelance translators and small agencies. TO3000 easily and seamlessly integrates with the business life of professional freelance translators.

More info »
Déjà Vu X3
Try it, Love it

Find out why Déjà Vu is today the most flexible, customizable and user-friendly tool on the market. See the brand new features in action: *Completely redesigned user interface *Live Preview *Inline spell checking *Inline

More info »

All of ProZ.com
  • All of ProZ.com
  • Term search
  • Jobs