Mobile menu

Possibility of stating \"KudoZ peer grading\" more than once?
Thread poster: Leonardo Parachú

Leonardo Parachú  Identity Verified
Local time: 11:29
English to Spanish
+ ...
Jul 12, 2002

A funny thing happened to me to me today.

First check this link and see my response...

http://www.proz.com/?sp=h&eid_c=33739&id=234593

Now, this is what happened: I wanted to tell CHENOUMI she´d missed the pairs. Then she posted an addition to her response, addition with which I fully agree.

This might look like a petty incident, and not very frequent indeed, but... who knows?

Thanks for your time. I´ll be posting this also under \"suggestions\". I just wanted the posting to appear on the Main Page.

Regards,

Leonardo Parachú.

[ This Message was edited by: on 2002-07-13 03:22 ]

Direct link Reply with quote

Parrot  Identity Verified
Spain
Local time: 15:29
Member (2002)
Spanish to English
+ ...
Leo, it took me a long time to discover the HIDE option Jul 13, 2002

on the page, and until I did I had to live with my errors, too. There are other people out there - excellent translators, BTW - who have the same problem: to correct themselves after a long response, they post twice, instead of simply hiding the first posting and posting the right answer. I think you should bear with it, it looks like a genuine error.

Then there\'s the other question that if you agree with someone ERRONEOUSLY, there\'s no way you can undo it! I think a solution can be worked out, but that will take some time.

C.

xxxCHENOUMI  Identity Verified
English to French
+ ...
¿Qué fue lo que te pasó? Jul 13, 2002

[quote]

On 2002-07-12 22:59, MEATLOAF wrote:

A funny thing happened to me to me today.

First check this link and see my response...

Now, this is what happened: I wanted to tell CHENOUMI she´d missed the pairs. Then she posted an addition to her response, addition with which I fully agree.

¿Qué fue lo que te pasó? No entiendo. Tu respuesta todavía sigue allá. ¿No la ves?

English to Spanish
+ ...
TOPIC STARTER
A mí nada, lo decía por vos, CHENOUMI... Jul 13, 2002

Como ya había \"gastado\" el \"agree\" en avisarte que te habías equivocado de idioma, no podía hacer notar que estaba de acuerdo con tu nota.

Cosas de caballero inglés que a veces me salen...

Saludos,

Leonardo.
[addsig]

Ralf Lemster  Identity Verified
Germany
English to German
+ ...
What's your point? Jul 13, 2002

Leonardo - TBH I don\'t get your point... what\'s the problem here?

CNF
Por ahora, lo que podés hacer es: Jul 13, 2002

(Necesitás paciencia para esto )

1) Mandarle un email a la persona que se equivocó, aclarándole el error.

2) La persona lo aclara en una nota.

3) Recién ahí le ponés agree a su \"note added\"

¿Te gustó la solución?

Yo lo hice un par de veces. Funciona

Don\'t worry so much, Leo.

\"La paciencia todo lo alcanza.\"

See you later, alligator!

Naty :^)
[addsig]

CNF
Oops! (English version of my humble suggestion :P) Jul 13, 2002

When I saw some of the replies in Spanish, I thought I was reading the Spanish Forum!

Well, basically, my suggestion is:

You can write an email to the answerer who made the mistake, the answerer will correct it adding a note, and then you can agree with his/her note!

Try it, it works

Ahora sí: see you later, alligator!

Cheers,

Naty :^)
[addsig]

Germany
English to German
+ ...
Still don't get it... Jul 13, 2002

...partly, I guess, because of the \"sub-thread\" taking place in Spanish - sorry guys, could we please stick to English?

Interesting enough, a thread has appeared right after this one where this issue is discussed => www.proz.com/?sp=bb/viewtopic&post=24201#24201. So I guess I\'m not the only one affected...

English to Spanish
+ ...
TOPIC STARTER
Yes, Ralf you´re right. I´m terribly sorry for the switching of languages... Jul 13, 2002

One sometimes forgets who is going to read what you write. I´ll try to explain myself a little better.

The thing is this. In her answer, CHENOUMI missed the language pair, I used my \"peer grading\" to tell her about it so that she could come up with other suggestions, but this time in Spanish (well, actually I don´t know if she´s a woman, but that´s the impression I get).

Then she did come up with a very interesting option, and I wanted to agree with THAT very option. Get my point now? I felt kind of frustrated not being able to say that I consider her addition a good one.

There´s nothing more about it. Too much of a gentleman, maybe. But that´s me. When it comes to language I´m as fair as I can be.

I hope I´ve clarified things.

Regards,

Leonardo.
[addsig]

Germany
English to German
+ ...
NOW I get it... ;-) Jul 13, 2002

Thanks, Leonardo - now I realise what you meant.

It would probably stretch the programming a bit too far to incorporate multiple peer grading, but I\'ve had one or two similar situations. The same issue arises if you want to add information to a grading comment that exceeds the space available.

What I usually do in such a case is to enter my comments as an answer, clearly identifying them as comments (by using something like \"Added info\" or \"Comment\" in the answering field.

Not 100% the way the system was designed, but since that entry is not going to go into the glossary anyway (since you\'re in the process of agreeing to another answer), I guess that\'s just as well...

Again, no big deal about the language. Thanks for coming back in English!

English to Spanish
+ ...
TOPIC STARTER
To Naty Jul 14, 2002

Simple solutions for simple problems. Simple solutions for complex problems... Summing up, solutions cannot be other than simple... It is us who complicate things...

Thanks for the suggestion, I´ll bear it in mind.

Regards,

Leonardo.

[addsig]

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

Possibility of stating \"KudoZ peer grading\" more than once?

Advanced search

PerfectIt consistency checker
Faster Checking, Greater Accuracy

PerfectIt helps deliver error-free documents. It improves consistency, ensures quality and helps to enforce style guides. It’s a powerful tool for pro users, and comes with the assurance of a 30-day money back guarantee.

More info »
CafeTran Espresso
You've never met a CAT tool this clever!

Translate faster & easier, using a sophisticated CAT tool built by a translator / developer. Accept jobs from clients who use SDL Trados, MemoQ, Wordfast & major CAT tools. Download and start using CafeTran Espresso -- for free

More info »

All of ProZ.com
  • All of ProZ.com
  • Term search
  • Jobs