Mobile menu

Pages in topic:   [1 2 3 4] >
ProZ.com membership campaign. Active site users: we invite you to join now for 2006!
Thread poster: Henry Dotterer

Henry Dotterer
Local time: 08:36
SITE FOUNDER
Nov 17, 2005

Announcing: membership campaign for 2006

Dear ProZians,

If you are already a platinum member of ProZ.com, thank you. It is your support--and your investment in your business--that makes ProZ.com possible.

With your creativity and participation, we have created tools and opportunities that members have used to expand their businesses, do better work and have more fun. As a community, through such site features as KudoZ, the Blue Board, Powwows, our forums, GlossPost and more, we have changed the translator's profession from a solitary pursuit into something more interactive, more efficient and more fun. Congratulations!

We recently reported to you on our accomplishments in 2005, and we pledge to continue working hard to bring you more features, more clients and more enjoyment in 2006.

Not yet a member? We invite you to consider the benefits, and join us in enhancing your profession.

If you are an active user of this site but you have not yet invested in a platinum subscription, you are not yet a full member of ProZ.com. If you are a professional translator, this post is an invitation to you: We invite you to join us in full membership before the start of 2006.

Why should you join? In addition to substantial return on investment, members report increased efficiency, expanded client bases, improved collaboration with other professionals, and more enjoyment in their work. More about benefits is here. Read testimonials from current members here.

The value of ProZ.com membership extends beyond individual benefit. Together, we have already changed the translation profession, to mutual benefit... But much more remains to be done. The degree to which we can continue making improvements in 2006, and beyond, will be determined by the participation of translators like you. So please join us as we enhance our profession!

We are providing incentives for you to join now.

To encourage you to go platinum before 2006, we are running a membership campaign now through December 15. The incentives are:

- Membership until 2007: If you join in November, you will be a full member until the start of 2007 (i.e. you will receive a month-and-a-half of free membership).
- No transaction fees: Transaction fees will be waived on platinum payments made during the campaign (so that you save on credit card purchases, wire transfers or any other means of payment)
- Chance to win a trip: A lottery will be held and one person who renews or becomes a member during the campaign will win a free trip to a ProZ.com conference next year (in Europe or Buenos Aires).

In addition to these incentives, some members will receive notification of special custom offers. Our goal in this one-time campaign is to expand our network, to the benefit of all who participate.

Changes are coming in 2006.

As you know, a number of benefits are currently reserved for members. In 2006, there will be more, as we continue developing new tools and features exclusively for members.

In addition, please be aware: there will be changes made to the site that will increase focus on members, in some cases at the expense of non-paying users. Already, platinum members meet clients four (4) times more frequently than non-member site users. In 2006, the disparity will be more pronounced.

Now is the best time to become a member

Because of the incentives in the current campaign, and the changes in store for 2006, now is the best time to join ProZ.com as a full member. I hope you will take this opportunity to invest in your business, our workplace, and the profession.

To join as a platinum member under this offer, go to: http://www.proz.com/offers

Sincerely,
Henry
...and the rest of the ProZ.com team: Jason, Cathy, Andrew, Patrick, Justin, Dwayne, Colin, Maria and Leticia.

If you are a translator or if you work with translators, our Mission Statement outlines the way in which we work for you: We provide tools and opportunities for you to network, expand your business, improve your work, and have more fun.

Direct link Reply with quote

ViktoriaG  Identity Verified
Canada
English to French
+ ...
How does it work? Nov 25, 2005

Hi, Henry!

I wanted to know if the offer where you get a rebate on a platinum membership in exchange for BrowniZ is compatible with this offer. That's what I was going to do and I would like to know if you can apply the BrowniZ to this special offer.

Thanks!

Jason Grimes
SITE STAFF
Yes, browniz discount can be combined with this campaign Nov 25, 2005

ViktoriaG wrote:
I wanted to know if the offer where you get a rebate on a platinum membership in exchange for BrowniZ is compatible with this offer. That's what I was going to do and I would like to know if you can apply the BrowniZ to this special offer.

Hi ViktoriaG,

Yes, it is possible to combine the standard 4000 browniz discount with the other incentives for this campaign. Members with 4000 browniz can buy platinum membership with a browniz discount by selecting the appropriate option on this page: http://www.proz.com/plat?viewPage=upgrade

Thanks for your support of the site.

Best regards,

Jason

ViktoriaG  Identity Verified
Canada
English to French
+ ...
Thank you, Jason! Nov 25, 2005

I just wanted to say thanks for the prompt answer - and the good news!

I will take care of this tonight in order to take advantage of this great offer!

Thanks!

BTW, Jason, love the penguin. Not that it's so cute... You know what I mean!

[Edited at 2005-11-27 04:08]

Assimina Vavoula
Greece
Local time: 15:36
Member (2005)
French to Greek
+ ...
A QUESTION... Nov 26, 2005

If I do not have a credit card, how am I going to pay the fees???

Ralf Lemster  Identity Verified
Germany
Local time: 14:36
English to German
+ ...
Bank transfer Nov 26, 2005

If I do not have a credit card, how am I going to pay the fees???

You can use a standard euro cross-border payment to pay membership fees.

Best regards,
Ralf

Lise Smidth  Identity Verified
Austria
German to Danish
+ ...
renewed - but only until end of nov 06 Nov 26, 2005

hi,

thanks a lot for this offer - and for everything else on proz.com

I have a question regarden renewal in this campaign - just to make sure everything is fine and nothing went wrong. I just renewed my membership a couple of days ago but apparently the offer including Dec 06 (membership until 2007) is only for new members? my renewed platinum memberships expires nov 29 2006

thanks in advance for your comments

br from vienna
lise

Doroteja  Identity Verified
Latvia
Local time: 15:36
English to Latvian
+ ...
Moneybookers Nov 26, 2005

Is it possible to pay for Platinum membership by Moneybookers?

María Teresa Taylor Oliver  Identity Verified
Panama
Local time: 07:36
English to Spanish
+ ...
What about early renewal for members who are already Platinum? :( Nov 26, 2005

My membership expires on July 2006. So technically, if I chose to renew (a full one-year membership) now, the new membership would not begin until July 2006 and end in July 2007.

I don't know if I could do that now... the thing is, that offer of winning a trip to a conference does sound nice

So, this offer only applies to members who aren't Platinum already or what?

How can I take advantage of this offer? Or are you going to offer the incentive on conferences (or any other incentive) later on for Platinum members?

Not to sound greedy, but I'd love to go to a conference and I'm a bit short on money

Thanks!

Henry Dotterer
SITE FOUNDER
TOPIC STARTER
Thanks for your ongoing support! Nov 27, 2005

Maria Teresa Taylor Oliver wrote:

My membership expires on July 2006. So technically, if I chose to renew (a full one-year membership) now, the new membership would not begin until July 2006 and end in July 2007.

Right, the year would be tacked on at the end of your current year.

I don't know if I could do that now... the thing is, that offer of winning a trip to a conference does sound nice

So, this offer only applies to members who aren't Platinum already or what?

It applies to all; if you renew during the campaign period, you will have a chance to win the trip.

How can I take advantage of this offer?

http://www.proz.com/offers?r_id=36

Or are you going to offer the incentive on conferences (or any other incentive) later on for Platinum members?

We do not have any plan to.

Thanks for your ongoing support!

Henry Dotterer
SITE FOUNDER
TOPIC STARTER
Right, Lise Nov 27, 2005

Lise Smidth wrote:

I have a question regarden renewal in this campaign - just to make sure everything is fine and nothing went wrong. I just renewed my membership a couple of days ago but apparently the offer including Dec 06 (membership until 2007) is only for new members? my renewed platinum memberships expires nov 29 2006

That is right. Two of the three incentives apply to renewals: no transaction fees and chance to win the trip. There is not an extra month, though.

Ewa Szymanowska  Identity Verified
Poland
Member (2005)
English to Polish
+ ...
Paying by bank transfer/ ID verification Nov 28, 2005

Hello:)

Can I get my ID verified if I pay by bank transfer (to Magda's account in Poland)?
How soon after the transfer can I use the Platinum benefits? (as it will not be done 'automatically' via the proz.com site)

Regards

Jason Grimes
SITE STAFF
Contact Magda directly for payments to Poland account Nov 28, 2005

Hi Ewa,

Please contact Magda directly to arrange payments to the Poland account.

Ewa Szymanowska wrote:
Can I get my ID verified if I pay by bank transfer (to Magda's account in Poland)?

If your bank transfer shows us your full name, and that name matches the name in your profile, it is possible to verify your identity. However, different banks seem to provide different information with transfers, so this may not be possible in your case.

How soon after the transfer can I use the Platinum benefits? (as it will not be done 'automatically' via the proz.com site)

Once Magda has received your payment, she will record your purchase in our system and your membership will automatically be upgraded. It shouldn't take more than a day or two, but please contact Magda for more information.

Thanks for your interest in supporting the site.

Best regards,

Jason

Radovan Pletka  Identity Verified
Local time: 05:36
English to Czech
+ ...
Questiopn about this offer - one month free Nov 28, 2005

If I am existing platinum member and use this offer to extend my membership, will I get additional one free month?

Sincerely

Radek Pletka

Pages in topic:   [1 2 3 4] >

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

ProZ.com membership campaign. Active site users: we invite you to join now for 2006!

Advanced search

LSP.expert
You’re a freelance translator? LSP.expert helps you manage your daily translation jobs. It’s easy, fast and secure.

How about you start tracking translation jobs and sending invoices in minutes? You can also manage your clients and generate reports about your business activities. So you always keep a clear view on your planning, AND you get a free 30 day trial period!

More info »
Protemos translation business management system
Create your account in minutes, and start working! 3-month trial for agencies, and free for freelancers!

The system lets you keep client/vendor database, with contacts and rates, manage projects and assign jobs to vendors, issue invoices, track payments, store and manage project files, generate business reports on turnover profit per client/manager etc.

More info »

All of ProZ.com
  • All of ProZ.com
  • Term search
  • Jobs