member exclusion for promotional drawing
Thread poster: thefuturecat
thefuturecat
United States
Local time: 03:44
English to Spanish
+ ...
Dec 5, 2005

I am considering full Platinum membership, and the current promotion is attractive. However, being a basic member since only July '05, I see that I would be excluded from the promotional drawing for the next Proz.com conference:

"Win a trip to the next ProZ.com conference in Europe
Drawing will be held December 15th 2005 at 12:00:00 GMT.
Only memberships 1 year or greater are eligible for drawing."

Does this part of the promotion apply to only those registered Dec 16, 2004 and earlier, and exactly which type of member status is this?

Direct link Reply with quote

Henry Dotterer
Local time: 03:44
SITE FOUNDER
Anyone who joins or renews now is eligible Dec 6, 2005

I see that you are quoting from this page: http://www.proz.com/contest

Sorry for the lack of clarity. You do not have to have been a member before to be eligible for the prize. Anyone who joins or renews during this campaign will have a chance to win the trip--as long as the membership you purchase is a "full" platinum membership, at least one year in length.

In other words, if you buy a 6-month membership, or a "partial" platinum membership, you won't be eligible.

I hope this is clear, at the moment a simpler explanation escapes me.

Direct link Reply with quote

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

member exclusion for promotional drawing

Advanced search

Déjà Vu X3
Try it, Love it

Find out why Déjà Vu is today the most flexible, customizable and user-friendly tool on the market. See the brand new features in action: *Completely redesigned user interface *Live Preview *Inline spell checking *Inline

More info »
CafeTran Espresso
You've never met a CAT tool this clever!

Translate faster & easier, using a sophisticated CAT tool built by a translator / developer. Accept jobs from clients who use SDL Trados, MemoQ, Wordfast & major CAT tools. Download and start using CafeTran Espresso -- for free

More info »

All of ProZ.com
  • All of ProZ.com
  • Term search
  • Jobs