Mobile menu

KudoZ: Who gets to rate question difficulty and edit glossary entries?
Thread poster: Ildiko Santana

Ildiko Santana  Identity Verified
United States
Local time: 18:59
Member (2002)
English to Hungarian
+ ...

Jul 31, 2002

Dear ProZ Staff:

I remember a while back it was possible for Platinum members to make changes regarding KudoZ questions (i.e. move a question from easy to pro or vice versa; edit glossary entries if the wrong answer got hastily accepted, enter term in the glossary if the asker has not done so, etc.)

Now, the only option I see is to \"Save\" (I\'m not even sure what - the question? the selected answer? the glossary entry?)

I would appreciate your clarification.

Direct link Reply with quote

Magda Dziadosz  Identity Verified
Poland
Local time: 03:59
Member (2004)
English to Polish
+ ...
It is KudoZ point totals that matter. Jul 31, 2002

The edit options for questions and glosarry entries are available if you have certain number of KudoZ points, I think thresholds are 100 and 500. If you have 500 you can squash questions, change between easy and pro, etc.

However the Save option is also a mistery to me.

Cheers,

Magda

United States
Member (2002)
English to Hungarian
+ ...

TOPIC STARTER
Magda: thank you. Mr. X: ??? Aug 1, 2002

Thanks Magda, your response rings a bell (about number of brownies&KudoZ)

Whoever changed the subject line of my message, however, must have the most interesting personality! The fact that s/he has authorization to change subject lines in this forum indicates that s/he\'s close to the pot - yet s/he doesn\'t have the decency to come in public and actually answer our questions. Most fascinating!

Csaba Ban  Identity Verified
Hungary
Member (2002)
English to Hungarian
+ ...
changes in the subject line Aug 1, 2002

Someone also changed the subject line of my topic that I posted last night - actually now it better expresses the content. It would be still interesting to know who has the authority AND time to read through all new posts and clarify their titles according to their content.

Elvira Stoianov  Identity Verified
Luxembourg
German to Romanian
+ ...
It's the ProZ staff (or maybe the moderators) Aug 1, 2002

I have read somewhere, but I don\'t know where, that titles are changed so that they are more expressive, since they appear on the main page of ProZ. In case non-ProZ are visiting the site for the first time, the posting titles are also part of the image of ProZ, so the staff has the right to change the title of postings.

Ralf Lemster  Identity Verified
Germany
English to German
+ ...
Check the Forum FAQs Aug 1, 2002

...the role of moderators is described there. Nothing sinister whatsoever - it\'s just that reference lines aren\'t always as clear as they should be.

Henry Dotterer
Local time: 21:59
SITE FOUNDER
ProZ.com staff changes subject lines if necessary to better reflect the content of a thread Aug 1, 2002

Quote:

On 2002-08-01 05:29, Ban Csaba wrote:

Someone also changed the subject line of my topic that I posted last night - actually now it better expresses the content. It would be still interesting to know who has the authority AND time to read through all new posts and clarify their titles according to their content.

That would be us, the ProZ.com staff. Because titles appear on the front page, it is important that there be some editing (like headlines in a newspaper). In this way, member surfing time is saved and threads stay on topic better.

The fact that we rewrite subject lines is noted in the posting form. Also, this is from the FAQs:

-----------

Q: Why did my subject line change?

A: Because subjects lines appear on the ProZ.com front page, it is important that they be as descriptive as possible of the content of your posting. Instead of saying \"subtitling\", you should say \"Where can I find training for subtitling?\"

If your subject line is not descriptive, it may be rewritten by ProZ.com staff.

-----------

Nikki Graham  Identity Verified
United Kingdom
Local time: 02:59
Partial member (2003)
Spanish to English
Save Aug 1, 2002

I think save is a way of tracking a question, and I think it automatically gets put in your own glossary if you save it, but I\'m not entirely sure. Can anyone confirm?

United States
Member (2002)
English to Hungarian
+ ...

TOPIC STARTER
Thank you all for the responses; Aug 2, 2002

both here and in private.

Have a nice weekend!

Ildiko

P.S. No, \"save\" or \"track\" didn\'t save it to my glossary, but that\'s OK.

[ This Message was edited by: on 2002-08-02 04:24 ]

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

KudoZ: Who gets to rate question difficulty and edit glossary entries?

Advanced search

memoQ translator pro
Kilgray's memoQ is the world's fastest developing integrated localization & translation environment rendering you more productive and efficient.

With our advanced file filters, unlimited language and advanced file support, memoQ translator pro has been designed for translators and reviewers who work on their own, with other translators or in team-based translation projects.

More info »
PerfectIt consistency checker
Faster Checking, Greater Accuracy

PerfectIt helps deliver error-free documents. It improves consistency, ensures quality and helps to enforce style guides. It’s a powerful tool for pro users, and comes with the assurance of a 30-day money back guarantee.

More info »

All of ProZ.com
  • All of ProZ.com
  • Term search
  • Jobs