Mobile menu

Posting regarding Indian translators is suddenly gone without any notice?
Thread poster: jaswinder singh

jaswinder singh  Identity Verified
India
Local time: 13:57
English to Panjabi
+ ...
Feb 24, 2006

Only today, I saw a posting regarding Indian translator and outsourcing of work to India.
Nobody took it as a serious posting with malign content, till an answer to the contrary was given.
Now, why it is so that instead of putting both version to sink in the minds of translator community, organisers of proz. took it out without any notice.
It is a serious question, not with special reference to India or Indian translators, but as whole.
Many a times these kind of postings mourn about rates and translations going towards India due to cheaper cost.

Direct link Reply with quote

Henry Dotterer
Local time: 04:27
SITE FOUNDER
Not aware of the topic to which you refer Feb 24, 2006

Did you have a link?

India
English to Panjabi
+ ...
TOPIC STARTER
Mistake in posting in this forum Feb 24, 2006

You are right Mr. Henry.
I was going through all the posting, and when I clicked on posting, I didn't realise that this will be taken under this thread. Sorry about that.
Can it be possible to put it in general category?

[Edited at 2006-02-24 12:46]

Ralf Lemster  Identity Verified
Germany
Local time: 10:27
English to German
+ ...
Breach of forum rule #8 Feb 24, 2006

Hi Jaswinder,
I take it you're referring to the topic entitled "Indian Agency realities" (as you were also amongst those responding). (Henry, FYI: topic 42999.)

Leaving aside the issue that it was posted in the wrong forum, the opening posting contained a joke that could have been construed as derisory. As another member took offence, I removed the topic, duly informing the poster (with a reference to forum rule no. 8) as well as one of the moderators in charge of that forum.

I agree that the issue at hand is worth discussing, but I don't think this should be done at the expense of one group of individuals involved.

Best regards,
Ralf

India
English to Panjabi
+ ...
TOPIC STARTER
i fully agree Feb 25, 2006

Thanx for explaining...
What baffeled me, that after spending so much time on the topic in the middle of my busy schedule, you are unsermously removed from, what seems to be the hot debate....

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

Posting regarding Indian translators is suddenly gone without any notice?

Advanced search

memoQ translator pro
Kilgray's memoQ is the world's fastest developing integrated localization & translation environment rendering you more productive and efficient.

With our advanced file filters, unlimited language and advanced file support, memoQ translator pro has been designed for translators and reviewers who work on their own, with other translators or in team-based translation projects.

More info »
TM-Town
Manage your TMs and Terms ... and boost your translation business

Are you ready for something fresh in the industry? TM-Town is a unique new site for you -- the freelance translator -- to store, manage and share translation memories (TMs) and glossaries...and potentially meet new clients on the basis of your prior work.

More info »

All of ProZ.com
  • All of ProZ.com
  • Term search
  • Jobs