https://www.proz.com/forum/prozcom%3A_translator_coop/43850-banner_for_donating_browniz.html

Pages in topic:   [1 2 3] >
Off topic: Banner for Donating BrowniZ
Thread poster: María Teresa Taylor Oliver
María Teresa Taylor Oliver
María Teresa Taylor Oliver  Identity Verified
Panama
Local time: 13:28
Spanish to English
+ ...
Mar 16, 2006

I just had to comment on the new (*) banner for donating BrowniZ. It's just too cute!

Darn, it made me hungry for chocolate now!

(*) It *is* new, right? I just noticed it now, but since I always ignore banners (I go on "automatic ignore mode" when I browse the Internet), well, I wouldn't know

Agnieszka Hayward (X)
Agnieszka Hayward (X)
Poland
Local time: 20:28
German to Polish
+ ...
blonde...? Mar 16, 2006

I guess I'm really blonde, but I don't believe I have ever seen this banner... Or is my 'ignore all banners in your life' policy really working...?

Where am I supposed to look for the banner?

Dear Maria Teresa, you intrigued me...

Regards

María Teresa Taylor Oliver
María Teresa Taylor Oliver  Identity Verified
Panama
Local time: 13:28
Spanish to English
+ ...
TOPIC STARTER
On top of the page ;-) Mar 16, 2006

tygru wrote:

Where am I supposed to look for the banner?

Dear Maria Teresa, you intrigued me...

Regards

Ohh, I'm seeing it now on top of this page!!

But sorry, I ate all the brownies, all you get is crumbs

Özden Arıkan
Özden Arıkan  Identity Verified
Germany
English to Turkish
+ ...
Really so cute! Mar 16, 2006

The loveliest and yummiest banner I have ever seen on Proz.com

Tygru, it doesn't show all the time, but is rotated with that of Trados. You can see it towards the bottom of the left column, too, right above the Welcome New Members box.

[Edited at 2006-03-16 22:03]

Joanna Borowska
Joanna Borowska  Identity Verified
Poland
English to Polish
Yes, good job! Mar 16, 2006

I love it! It's really mouth-watering Congratulations to the author!

Rosa Maria Duenas Rios (X)
Rosa Maria Duenas Rios (X)  Identity Verified
Local time: 14:28
The only thing I see Mar 17, 2006

is a banner that reads ""Forums About Proz.com - Kudoz - Banner for Donating BrowniZ", but no image whatsoever...
So you are not alone, tygru...

Gina W
Gina W
United States
Local time: 14:28
Member (2003)
French to English
I don't see the banner Mar 17, 2006

...but I'd like to find out how to donate my BrowniZ. I don't have a person in mind, but I have the points and I don't need them so I might as well help someone else out (irony here: I was once accused of posting a "neutral" comment to someone's KudoZ answer, just for the BrowniZ points, lol - and I am not even using these points that I was supposedly so desperate for ).

Henry Hinds
Henry Hinds  Identity Verified
United States
Local time: 12:28
English to Spanish
+ ...
In memoriam
They're yours Mar 17, 2006

Take all my Browniz, as many as you want, any of you, you're all welcome.

Henk Peelen
Henk Peelen  Identity Verified
Netherlands
Member (2002)
German to Dutch
+ ...
SITE LOCALIZER
Same for me Mar 17, 2006

Let me know if you want 4000 Browniz, they're of no use to me (except for prolonging my membership).

Anne Spitzmueller
Anne Spitzmueller  Identity Verified
Germany
English to German
Would like to donate BrowniZ too Mar 17, 2006

To everybody who cannot afford membership: I would like to help by donating some BrowniZ. Please just write me an e-mail.

Anne

Steffen Walter
Steffen Walter  Identity Verified
Germany
Member (2002)
English to German
+ ...
Go to your own BrowniZ page to donate Mar 17, 2006

Hi all,

To donate, go to your own BrowniZ page by clicking on the number of BrowniZ indicated in your top-left "User Info" box. There you'll find another box on top of the page saying "Donate excess browniz points to non-platinum colleagues! Click here to learn more". Click and use the following page to donate your excess BrowniZ.

Happy sharing,
Steffen

Henk Peelen
Henk Peelen  Identity Verified
Netherlands
Member (2002)
German to Dutch
+ ...
SITE LOCALIZER
You're right Mar 17, 2006

Steffen Walter wrote:

Hi all,

To donate, go to your own BrowniZ page by clicking on the number of BrowniZ indicated in your top-left "User Info" box. There you'll find another box on top of the page saying "Donate excess browniz points to non-platinum colleagues! Click here to learn more". Click and use the following page to donate your excess BrowniZ.

Happy sharing,
Steffen

You're right, that's the official procedure with a high Valentine's Day quality, but you have to find out the Browniz amount of your candidate receiver, and although there's nothing charitable in the sharing the possibility of a black scenario is lurking in which the candidate prefers to be in the red instead of accepting browniz, giving you a yellow card and the blues.

Agnieszka Zmuda
Agnieszka Zmuda  Identity Verified
Poland
English to Polish
Henk's right Mar 17, 2006

I'd be happy to donate the 4000 BrowniZ to someone who really needs it. But I don't want to be treated like some pest of a sales agent trying to palm sth off on somebody.
AZ

Joanna Borowska
Joanna Borowska  Identity Verified
Poland
English to Polish
Suggestion Mar 17, 2006

Although I don't have that many BrowniZ at the moment, I think that it would be nice if we could donate our BrowniZ to a common "bank". Then those who would like to use the points could just apply and get them. This way we would avoid pestering our colleagues who might not always want help.
What do you think?

Liliana Ayllon
Liliana Ayllon  Identity Verified
Local time: 15:28
English to Spanish
+ ...
I gladly accept Browniz! Mar 17, 2006

For all the generous colleagues who are willing to donate their browniZ. I am quite new in this site!

Thanks a lot!

Liliana.

Pages in topic:   [1 2 3] >

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

Banner for Donating BrowniZ

Protemos translation business management system
Create your account in minutes, and start working! 3-month trial for agencies, and free for freelancers!

The system lets you keep client/vendor database, with contacts and rates, manage projects and assign jobs to vendors, issue invoices, track payments, store and manage project files, generate business reports on turnover profit per client/manager etc.

More info »
Trados Business Manager Lite
Create customer quotes and invoices from within Trados Studio

Trados Business Manager Lite helps to simplify and speed up some of the daily tasks, such as invoicing and reporting, associated with running your freelance translation business.

More info »