Mobile menu

Globalization is ... (project handled by worldwide team?
Thread poster: Telesforo Fernandez
Telesforo Fernandez
Local time: 08:29
English to Spanish
+ ...
Aug 16, 2002

Globalization is a French technical document secured by a Russian translation agency who had a Polish in-house translator with Croatian dictionaries. The job was posted on a popular job site at 2 Spanish pesetas / word. The offer was bagged by an aspiring Italian paparazzo with Romanian dictionaries and the term help was provided by Spanish Judos leaders and finally was proof-read by an Indian with the help of a Portuguese online dictionary. It was accepted. Perhaps, we can see the results of conducting daily marathon races of thousands of translators under one roof.

[ This Message was edited by: on 2002-08-17 06:55 ]

[ This Message was edited by: on 2002-08-18 10:58 ]

Direct link Reply with quote

Giovanni Guarnieri MITI, MIL  Identity Verified
United Kingdom
Local time: 02:59
Member (2004)
English to Italian
it was accepted... as toilet paper. Aug 16, 2002

No comment... quite funny though. Must have been because of the input provided by the Italian paparazzo, for sure.

G

CLS Lexi-tech
Local time: 21:59
Member (2004)
English to Italian
+ ...
yes, but it is also Aug 17, 2002

being able to work with colleagues in different time zones, exchanging TMs, advise and expertise, finding the best translation resources the world over, getting help at the click of a button...

And i will stop here because you know what I mean. Call me an inveterate optimist, but this is also how I see it.

cheers

paola l m

Claudia Iglesias  Identity Verified
Chile
Local time: 23:59
Member (2002)
Spanish to French
+ ...
Agree Paola Aug 17, 2002

I think I\'m lucky of (is it the right preposition?)living at these times when every thing moves fast, and that I\'m not too old to follow the changes.

I enjoy Internet every moment. Of course globalization has disadvantages and we have to be aware. I don\'t think it\'s just because we are inveterate optimists, we see both sides.

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

Globalization is ... (project handled by worldwide team?

Advanced search

Anycount & Translation Office 3000
Translation Office 3000

Translation Office 3000 is an advanced accounting tool for freelance translators and small agencies. TO3000 easily and seamlessly integrates with the business life of professional freelance translators.

More info »
SDL MultiTerm 2017
Guarantee a unified, consistent and high-quality translation with terminology software by the industry leaders.

SDL MultiTerm 2017 allows translators to create one central location to store and manage multilingual terminology, and with SDL MultiTerm Extract 2017 you can automatically create term lists from your existing documentation to save time.

More info »

All of ProZ.com
  • All of ProZ.com
  • Term search
  • Jobs