Mobile menu

What to charge for a WinAlign project?
Thread poster: LisaNovos
LisaNovos
English to Russian
+ ...
Sep 6, 2002

I have a client who would like to convert two Word docs (target and source) into a translation memory for Trados. It is done in WinAlign. The job is extremely large (each file has several thousand pages) but not very complicated (no format based alignment involved, only end-of-paragraph). Nevertheless, I will have to check every segment manually in the WinAlign editor after the alignment is done to insure the highest possible quality of the translation memory. I have done it before for myself, but never for a client.

My question is how and what I should charger for this job: per hour? per word? if per word - per target or per source? What is more customary? Neither my client nor I myself know what the fee structure should look like. Would love to hear from those who has done something like this already and knows what the best approach is.

Any input will be greatly appreciated.

Thanks!

Direct link Reply with quote

Christina Clark  Identity Verified
Denmark
Local time: 17:34
English to Danish
+ ...
By the hour Sep 6, 2002

I have \'winaligned\' several projects - not anything close to thousands of pages - but smaller projects for clients and have always charged by the hour. When the project is of such a large quantity, then maybe you should give a rough estimate of how many hours you expect to use.

Hope this helps! :0)

monitor  Identity Verified
Local time: 17:34
English to German
+ ...
agree: you should in any case charge by hour! Sep 6, 2002

Quote:

On 2002-09-06 07:52, CDClark wrote:

I have \'winaligned\' several projects - not anything close to thousands of pages - but smaller projects for clients and have always charged by the hour. When the project is of such a large quantity, then maybe you should give a rough estimate of how many hours you expect to use.

Hope this helps! :0)

[addsig]

LisaNovos
English to Russian
+ ...
TOPIC STARTER
Thanks!!! Sep 6, 2002

Thank you both!

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

What to charge for a WinAlign project?

Advanced search

TransPDF.com PDF Translation
Fast and Reliable PDF Translation - reduce your workload while maintaining quality

Unlock the potential of PDFs, taking your original PDF, replacing the text with your translations from your preferred tools and in minutes, get a high quality, ready-to-use, translated PDF. Try it now - your first 50 pages are free.

More info »
memoQ translator pro
Kilgray's memoQ is the world's fastest developing integrated localization & translation environment rendering you more productive and efficient.

With our advanced file filters, unlimited language and advanced file support, memoQ translator pro has been designed for translators and reviewers who work on their own, with other translators or in team-based translation projects.

More info »

All of ProZ.com
  • All of ProZ.com
  • Term search
  • Jobs