PractiCount - Not a bad little program
Thread poster: Kevin Harper

Kevin Harper  Identity Verified
United Kingdom
Local time: 16:34
German to English
+ ...
Sep 15, 2002

I\'ve downloaded the demo and I am quite impressed with it, although it is difficult to find how to turn text boxes on or off. Which are turned OFF by default.

Personally, I would like to see a couple more things in it, such as counting per thousand words for UK translators. I know it sounds the same as pricing per word, but we tend to quote figures like GBP 47 / 1,000 words, which have to be rounded up or down if you\'re working to pence per word. Also, it doesn\'t have an Asian characters count, like Word does (if you install the options for the appropriate languages).

However, I tend to work from Trados analysis figures when working on texts in electronic format, anyway. (I\'ve never found an occasion when I need to turn the text in text boxes / headers / footers off when doing a word count.)

Direct link Reply with quote

Kevin Harper  Identity Verified
United Kingdom
Local time: 16:34
German to English
+ ...
TOPIC STARTER
Sorry Sep 16, 2002

I meant to add this comment to the discussion on word-counting programs. I am talking about Practicount.

I guess I\'ll have to watch whether I\'m starting a new topic or replying to the existing one!

sylvie malich
Germany
Local time: 17:34
German to English
Mind telling us what program it is you are impressed with? Sep 16, 2002

[quote]

On 2002-09-15 09:46, kharper wrote:

I\'ve downloaded the demo and I am quite impressed with it,

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

PractiCount - Not a bad little program

Advanced search

SDL MultiTerm 2015
Guarantee a unified, consistent and high-quality translation with terminology software.

SDL MultiTerm 2015 allows translators to create one central location to store and manage multilingual terminology, and with SDL MultiTerm Extract 2015 you can automatically create term lists from your existing documentation to save time.

More info »
SDL Trados Studio 2015 Freelance
The industry-leading translation software used by over 200,000 translators.

SDL Trados Studio helps translators increase translation productivity whilst ensuring quality. Combining translation memory, terminology management and machine translation in one simple and easy-to-use environment.

More info »

All of ProZ.com
  • All of ProZ.com
  • Term search
  • Jobs