Huge propaganda panel on home page for profile updater does not disappear (staff: 'must save data')
Thread poster: Jack Doughty

Jack Doughty  Identity Verified
United Kingdom
Local time: 00:04
Member (2000)
Russian to English
+ ...
Oct 5, 2006

It states in this panel:
Note: This message will disappear after you use the profile updater.
I have used it. The message does not disappear.

[Edited at 2006-10-05 09:26]

[Subject edited by staff or moderator 2006-10-05 12:20]

Direct link Reply with quote

Marijke Singer  Identity Verified
United Kingdom
Dutch to English
+ ...
It disappeared for me Oct 5, 2006

It worked fine for me.

Charlie Bavington  Identity Verified
French to English
No desire to make changes Oct 5, 2006

I don't know if this applies to Jack, or is simply a similar issue, but in my case, I've got 8/8 of the required elements, and I've filled in all of the "encouraged" elements that I'm ever going to as things stand.

I visited the profile updater page, in the hope that perhaps merely visiting it would be enough to make the Propaganda Panel (nice term, Jack ) vanish, but this was not the case...

Jennifer Baker  Identity Verified
United States
Local time: 17:04
Member (2004)
Italian to English
Jack and Charlie- Oct 5, 2006

I had the same problem. Even if you already have the required 8 fields complete, you must hit the update button at the bottom of the page to make the "Huge propaganda panel" (may I also add garish and invasive) disappear.

Buon lavoro,
Jennifer

Jack Doughty  Identity Verified
United Kingdom
Member (2000)
Russian to English
+ ...
TOPIC STARTER
Thanks, JL Baker Oct 5, 2006

I hit the update button for one of the fields, and the "huge propaganda panel" has now disappeared.

Henry Dotterer
Local time: 19:04
SITE FOUNDER
Exactly - thanks, JL Baker Oct 5, 2006

Thanks, JL Baker, that is exactly it - if you don't hit submit, we can't know whether the data is up to date.

I'll clarify this in the huge propaganda panel! ( May I also add garish and invasive. )

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

Huge propaganda panel on home page for profile updater does not disappear (staff: 'must save data')

Advanced search

WordFinder
The words you want Anywhere, Anytime

WordFinder is the market's fastest and easiest way of finding the right word, term, translation or synonym in one or more dictionaries. In our assortment you can choose among more than 120 dictionaries in 15 languages from leading publishers.

More info »
memoQ translator pro
Kilgray's memoQ is the world's fastest developing integrated localization & translation environment rendering you more productive and efficient.

With our advanced file filters, unlimited language and advanced file support, memoQ translator pro has been designed for translators and reviewers who work on their own, with other translators or in team-based translation projects.

More info »

All of ProZ.com
  • All of ProZ.com
  • Term search
  • Jobs