Free translation works! (Henry: no, collaboration works!)
Thread poster: SWEDISH-TRANSLATION.com - your Swedish translation partner (X)
SWEDISH-TRANSLATION.com - your Swedish translation partner (X)
Local time: 16:39
Swedish to English
+ ...
Nov 18, 2001

I recently posted a job on ProZ.com and asked for a free translation of my website in several languages. It worked! I\'ve got my index-page translated to 12 languages, and the 13:th och 14:th language is yet to come.

I love ProZ.com! Keep the good work up.

Mattias Bergström

http://www.Swedish-Translation.com

I recently posted a job on ProZ.com and asked for a free translation of my website in several languages. It worked! I\'ve got my index-page translated to 12 languages, and the 13:th och 14:th language is yet to come.

I love ProZ.com! Keep the good work up.

Mattias Bergström

http://www.Swedish-Translation.com

Collapse

Henry Dotterer
Henry Dotterer
Local time: 10:39
SITE FOUNDER
dont you mean 'collaboration' works? Nov 18, 2001

Mattias, some people did not see your offer, and will misunderstand. So I\'ll clarify...

Mattias called for people willing to translate his site into various languages at no charge. In exchange, he offered to translate their own sites, or in other ways respond in kind. The idea, as I understand it, was to bring together a group of pros who would cooperate for mutual gain. It was a good idea. Note, however, that it was improper to use the job posting system to announce this p
... See more
Mattias, some people did not see your offer, and will misunderstand. So I\'ll clarify...

Mattias called for people willing to translate his site into various languages at no charge. In exchange, he offered to translate their own sites, or in other ways respond in kind. The idea, as I understand it, was to bring together a group of pros who would cooperate for mutual gain. It was a good idea. Note, however, that it was improper to use the job posting system to announce this proposal. Group mail, available from the translator search page, would be best for that.

So congratulations Mattias. But I think you mean \"collaboration\", not \"free translation\", works!
Collapse

Swedish to English
+ ...
TOPIC STARTER
Nov 18, 2001

Quote:

On 2001-11-18 20:16, Henry wrote:

Mattias called for people willing to translate his site into various languages at no charge. In exchange, he offered to translate their own sites, or in other ways respond in kind. The idea, as I understand it, was to bring together a group of pros who would cooperate for mutual gain... See more
Quote:

On 2001-11-18 20:16, Henry wrote:

Mattias called for people willing to translate his site into various languages at no charge. In exchange, he offered to translate their own sites, or in other ways respond in kind. The idea, as I understand it, was to bring together a group of pros who would cooperate for mutual gain. It was a good idea. Note, however, that it was improper to use the job posting system to announce this proposal. Group mail, available from the translator search page, would be best for that.

So congratulations Mattias. But I think you mean \"collaboration\", not \"free translation\", works!

You bet I mean collaboration!
[addsig] ▲ Collapse

Sven Petersson
Sven Petersson  Identity Verified
Sweden
English to Swedish
+ ...
OOPS! OOPS! OOPS! Fiscal implications! Nov 19, 2001

It may be exceedingly unwise to expose your jugular in such a tempting way to the Swedish tax office.

Discretion Mattias, discretion!

Sven.

Werner George Patels, M.A., C.Tran.(ATIO) (X)
Werner George Patels, M.A., C.Tran.(ATIO) (X)
Local time: 10:39
German to English
+ ...
No, FREE translation does not work Dec 4, 2001

And, unfortunately, it shows on your website. I briefly looked at your German pages, and I saw several typos and grammatical errors.

\"You get what you \'pay\' for!!!\"

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

Free translation works! (Henry: no, collaboration works!)

Trados Studio 2022 Freelance
The leading translation software used by over 270,000 translators.

Designed with your feedback in mind, Trados Studio 2022 delivers an unrivalled, powerful desktop and cloud solution, empowering you to work in the most efficient and cost-effective way.

More info »
CafeTran Espresso
You've never met a CAT tool this clever!

Translate faster & easier, using a sophisticated CAT tool built by a translator / developer. Accept jobs from clients who use Trados, MemoQ, Wordfast & major CAT tools. Download and start using CafeTran Espresso -- for free

Buy now! »