Mobile menu

Profile updater changes: contact info section changed AND profiles now respect sort order of fields
Thread poster: Colin Brady

Colin Brady
Local time: 06:49
SITE STAFF
Oct 12, 2006

Hi Everyone,

As part of our service to you, we plan in the future to contact members whose profiles are not complete with respect to the fields marked "required". This includes the section on contact data.

We know that some of you choose not to enter certain information, and you are protected in this by our privacy policy. Therefore, it will be helpful to us if you can take a moment to indicate that you prefer not to enter certain forms of contact data (phone number, etc.). By doing that, you indicate to us that we should not send email reminders, or otherwise contact you, to request that you complete such data.

To be clear, the contact data section of the profile will be considered complete (for the purposes of outsourcing screening and the current promotion) if you either (1) enter each required item, or (2) indicate that you do not intend to enter it.

I am not sure whether the above is clear. Please have a look at contact data section of the revised profile updater and I think you will understand. (If it is not clear enough, feedback would be appreciated.)

http://www.proz.com/quick_profile

Best Regards,
Colin

[Subject edited by staff or moderator 2006-10-13 04:03]

Direct link Reply with quote

Walter Landesman
Uruguay
Member (2005)
English to Spanish
+ ...
SOMETHING IS WRONG HERE Oct 12, 2006

Hi Colin,

Something is not working properly here. My profile was complete. I didn`t make any changes, but address and phone numbers have dissapeared and there is a sign now saying I am not elegible to win the trip for that reason.

So, I included all that personal information again, but the system didn`t recognize it. I tried several times until it was ok.

But now my KEY WORDS are missing. I didn`t deleted them. And I don`t remember all of them at this time.

Could you look into that, please? And make sure you kill the bug, if there is any?

Thanks in advance.

Walter

[Edited at 2006-10-12 15:52]

gianfranco  Identity Verified
Brazil
Member (2001)
English to Italian
+ ...
Same problem Oct 12, 2006

I have found exactly the same problems, as described above by Walter, and lost all my keywords too.

I would advise to not use the new version until Colin has fixed it.
I have sent an urgent message to Colin already, he should be on the issue soon.

bye
Gianfranco

Colin Brady
SITE STAFF
TOPIC STARTER
Bug has been killed Oct 12, 2006

Sorry about that. I'll get your keywords back for you

Colin

Lesley Clayton
France
Local time: 11:49
French to English
+ ...
My keywords have gone too Oct 12, 2006

Colin Brady wrote:

Sorry about that. I'll get your keywords back for you

Colin

Could you get my keywords back too please?

Thanks.

Andrea Riffo  Identity Verified
Chile
Local time: 05:49
English to Spanish
Me too! Oct 13, 2006

Both my contact info and keywords disappeared (I already re-entered them in my traditional profile checker and placed a support ticket).

At least I know I'm not the only one

Henry Dotterer
SITE FOUNDER
One additional note: sort order of fields of expertise is now respected in the new profile display Oct 13, 2006

Colin will address the disappearing data problem tomorrow. In the meantime, I want to let you all know that it is now possible to sort fields of expertise so that they will be displayed in your preferred order in the new profiles.

Colin Brady
SITE STAFF
TOPIC STARTER
Bug fixed yesturday Oct 13, 2006

Hi Everyone,

As you know, the bug that deleted your keywords has been squashed. I apologize for the inconvenience. If anyone else has lost any data, please send me an email or ProZ message.

Colin

Lesley Clayton
France
Local time: 11:49
French to English
+ ...
Keywords back Oct 13, 2006

Thank you Colin.

Andrea Riffo  Identity Verified
Chile
English to Spanish
thanks Oct 13, 2006

Problem solved

Thank you both, Colin and Henry

Andrea

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

Profile updater changes: contact info section changed AND profiles now respect sort order of fields

Advanced search

Anycount & Translation Office 3000
Translation Office 3000

Translation Office 3000 is an advanced accounting tool for freelance translators and small agencies. TO3000 easily and seamlessly integrates with the business life of professional freelance translators.

More info »
SDL Trados Studio 2017 Freelance
The leading translation software used by over 250,000 translators.

SDL Trados Studio 2017 helps translators increase translation productivity whilst ensuring quality. Combining translation memory, terminology management and machine translation in one simple and easy-to-use environment.

More info »

All of ProZ.com
  • All of ProZ.com
  • Term search
  • Jobs