Announcing: membership campaign for 2007
If you are already a full paying member of ProZ.com, thank you! Your support and participation--and your investment in your business--is what makes ProZ.com possible.
Over the past seven years, members of this community have come together to create such tools as KudoZ, the Blue Board, powwows, the articles knowledgebase, the ProZ.com exchange, quick polls and much, much more... and these shared tools have, in turn, benefited each member. Together, we have permanently changed the translator's profession from a solitary pursuit into something more interactive, more efficient, more rewarding and more profitable. Congratulations!
Of course, there is lots more we can do to get ahead together. In a recent post, community manager Enrique reported on accomplishments (so far) in 2006. Among them were:
- Project Connect - A comprehensive program to bring member services to the world's top outsourcers. Results are beginning to show.
- Wikiwords.org - A collaborative project to create an open, multilingual lexicon of all terms in all languages.
- SiteCreator - Create your own website in minutes using the data already available in your profile.
- Localization of the site into German, Romanian, Spanish, Russian, Hungarian, Portuguese (Br), Latvian and Albanian
- Successful conferences in three countries - Germany, Argentina and the UK - and more than one hundred powwows in some 44 countries
- The WWA marketing tool - more than 1000 site users are now showing positive client feedback prominently in their profiles.
- ...and much more!
See the yearly report to members for more details of this year's accomplishments.
We promise you that there is much more to come in the months and years ahead, as we continue working to deliver the tools and opportunities that you tell us benefit you and your work.
Not yet a member? We invite you to join now.
If you are an active user of this site but have not yet invested in membership, we invite you to consider joining the community as a full paying member now.
As a member, you will enjoy full access to all of the site's features and archives, and also benefit from the highest levels of exposure for your profile in search engines (such as Google and Yahoo), the ProZ.com directory, and when you quote. Members begin working with new clients at four times the rate of non-members... and client flow is what helps you to grow your business and raise your rates.
In addition to substantial returns on investment, members report increased efficiency, expanded client bases, improved collaboration with other professionals, and more enjoyment in their work. There is more information about the benefits of membership in the ProZ.com community here.
In evaluating membership, you may also wish to consider the opinions of current members. In a recent survey, over 93% of ProZ.com members said they would recommend ProZ.com membership to colleagues. (Only 4.2% of current members report being dissatisfied with their investment.) A list of testimonials from current members is available here.
A good thing about membership in ProZ.com is that with each new member, everyone in the community benefits. The rate at which new members join accelerated this year, and as a result, there are more professionals to collaborate with, more to network with, and more to do business with. (So current members, please be sure to spread the word of this campaign.)
As for site staff, we continue to reinvest all membership income in further development of the site and--now, with the start of Project Connect--in aggressively marketing the services of members to the world's top language companies and end clients. In short, we continue to work hard for you.
A one-month campaign with incentives: Join, connect, succeed!
To encourage active non-member contributors of the site to join as full members now, a one-month membership campaign will now be run.
The theme of the campaign is "Join, connect, succeed." The word "connect" is meant to communicate the active process of using the site, and the features available to you as a member, to meet and work with new colleagues and new clients.
There are three incentives to this campaign:
- Membership until 2008: Those who join at any time during the current campaign, will enjoy full memberhip until the start of 2008 (i.e. up to a month-and-a-half of free membership will be awarded).
- No transaction fees: Transaction fees will be waived on membership payments made during the campaign (so that members save on credit card purchases, wire transfers or any other means of payment.) This applies to both new memberships and annual renewals.
- Chance to win a trip and other prizes: A drawing will be held and three people who become members during the campaign (or makes annual membership payments), will win (1) a free expenses-paid trip to the ProZ.com conference in Budapest next May, (2) a new laptop, and (3) a free CAT tool from SDL Trados. (All required and encouraged sections of the profile must be complete to be eligible.)
In addition to these incentives, some active users of the site will receive notification of special custom offers. Our goal in this campaign is to expand our network and community as we enter 2007, to the benefit of all who participate.
Pricing will change after the end of the campaign.
In response to member feedback, membership pricing (especially vis-a-vis euro and USD exchange rates), will be modified at the end of the current campaign. As a result, some of the membership fees -- particularly the USD and browniz-discounted prices -- will rise. The moderate increase will be the first increase in ProZ.com membership fees since early 2001.
So becoming a member during the current campaign is also a way to pay less. (Consider a multiyear membership payment if you would like to lock in the lower rate, and no settlement fees, for an extended period.)
Now is the best time to become a member
Because of the incentives in the current campaign, and new initiatives such as Project Connect, there has never been a better time to join ProZ.com as a full member. Please consider taking this opportunity to invest in your business, our shared workplace, and the profession.
To join under this offer, go to: http://www.proz.com/offers
...and the rest of the ProZ.com team: Cathy, Colin, Drew, Enrique, Florencia, Gaston, Jason, Justin, Leonardo, Mike, Patrick and Romina.
If you are a translator or you work with translators, the team's Mission Statement explains how we serve you: We provide tools and opportunities for you to network, expand your business, improve your work, and have more fun.
| || |