https://www.proz.com/forum/prozcom%3A_translator_coop/60366-volunteer_translators_wanted.html

Volunteer translators wanted
Thread poster: Marc P (X)
Marc P (X)
Marc P (X)  Identity Verified
Local time: 14:09
German to English
+ ...
Nov 25, 2006

Henry/Moderator: please move this post if this is an inappropriate forum for it or let me know if it should be posted as a ProZ job.

A new version of OmegaT, the popular free CAT tool, has just been released. To enable as many colleagues as possible to benefit from it, the OmegaT team is looking for volunteers to localize the application. Help is needed for translation from English into almost all languages.

OmegaT can be downloaded from: sourceforge.net/projects/omegat
... See more
Henry/Moderator: please move this post if this is an inappropriate forum for it or let me know if it should be posted as a ProZ job.

A new version of OmegaT, the popular free CAT tool, has just been released. To enable as many colleagues as possible to benefit from it, the OmegaT team is looking for volunteers to localize the application. Help is needed for translation from English into almost all languages.

OmegaT can be downloaded from: sourceforge.net/projects/omegat

Volunteer translators may contact me through my profile.

Marc
Collapse

Marc P (X)
German to English
+ ...
TOPIC STARTER
More information Nov 26, 2006

More information on the procedure for supporting the OmegaT translation/localization work can be found at:

www.omegat.org/omegat/omegat_en/translation-info.html

Marc

Samuel Murray
Samuel Murray  Identity Verified
Netherlands
Member (2006)
English to Afrikaans
+ ...
How about a job posting? Nov 27, 2006

MarcPrior wrote:
Volunteer translators may contact me through my profile.

Can such "jobs" not be posted as job postings?

Carmen Hernaiz
Carmen Hernaiz
Spain
English to Spanish
+ ...
Only one question Nov 27, 2006

Reading the info at the link you gave us, this is about a free, open-source translation memory program.

Is it going to be always free?

I'll help if that is the case.

Carmen

Marc P (X)
German to English
+ ...
TOPIC STARTER
Volunteer translators wanted Nov 27, 2006

Carmen,

OmegaT is free, all upgrades are free, and you can install as many copies on as many computers as you like. This is not going to change.

Marc

Samuel Murray
Samuel Murray  Identity Verified
Netherlands
Member (2006)
English to Afrikaans
+ ...
Yes and no Nov 27, 2006

Carmen Hernaiz wrote:
Is it going to be always free?

Practical answer: yes.
Pedantic answer: no.

Remember, OmegaT (and its user interface) is licensed as GPL, which means that anyone who wants to sell it, can legally do so, as long as they also give away the source code for free, and anyone in possession of the source code can legally distribute it for free again.

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

Volunteer translators wanted

Anycount & Translation Office 3000
Translation Office 3000

Translation Office 3000 is an advanced accounting tool for freelance translators and small agencies. TO3000 easily and seamlessly integrates with the business life of professional freelance translators.

More info »
CafeTran Espresso
You've never met a CAT tool this clever!

Translate faster & easier, using a sophisticated CAT tool built by a translator / developer. Accept jobs from clients who use Trados, MemoQ, Wordfast & major CAT tools. Download and start using CafeTran Espresso -- for free

Buy now! »