Thread poster: xxxXX789
xxxXX789  Identity Verified
Netherlands
Local time: 02:31
English to Dutch
+ ...
Nov 11, 2002

Hi Moderator,

I\'d like to edit my rating for Prolink International, Hong Kong. They are stating blatant lies in their reply to my rating.

This agency is absolutely untrustworthy and I will bring them before court next Wednesday.

Please add following to rating: \"That is a blatant lie. Jobs were sent on May 16th, May 16th and May 17th. You told me to stop the job AFTER delivery, on May 16th. The job delivered on May 17th was a different project.\"

Thank you very much in advance.

Direct link

Netherlands
English to Dutch
+ ...
TOPIC STARTER
Re Nov 11, 2002

Aye, but that doesn\'t work once the agency has posted a reply.

Moderator: I have full proof for my statements in 2 PDF files. The total number of pages is 33, so it\'s difficult to post it here. If interested, please give me your e-mail address, so that I can send the files to you.

The files include full e-mail correspondence and e-mail headers, plus the delivered translations themselves.

Best regards,

Loek van Kooten

Direct link

Oleg Prots  Identity Verified
Ukraine
Local time: 03:31
Member (2003)
English to Ukrainian
+ ...
Submit more targeted requests Nov 11, 2002

You can contact the Moderatot for a specific language pair through the list of ProZ Moderators.

Or, which seems to be more useful in your case, you might contact ProZ staff by filing a Support request. (You may do it through FAQs page, at the bottom.)

Posting this in a public forum may do some good to inform the community, but hardly to get you any help.

Regards,

Oleg

Direct link

Gayle Wallimann  Identity Verified
Member (2001)
French to English
+ ...
Shouldn't this be a personal e-mail query for technical support? Nov 11, 2002

I understand that you are upset about the situation. However, I think that it would be better to write a personal request to the support team, or directly to one of your language pair moderators. The forum is not the best place to try to get some specific help to a problem like this, and it is unfortunate to name specific agencies OR translators here. I hope that you will be able to solve your problem, and that a moderator has taken a look at the post to give you some advice.

Good luck,

Gayle

Direct link

Netherlands
English to Dutch
+ ...
TOPIC STARTER
Re Nov 11, 2002

Aye, feel free to remove this topic once the moderator has taken care of this. All I want is to defend myself against these public accusations.

[ This Message was edited by: on 2002-11-11 09:14 ]

Direct link

Nathalie M. Girard, ALHC  Identity Verified
English to French
+ ...
They've always paid me on time, still do! Nov 11, 2002

I think you have to be careful here. I do not know the whole situation, but I have been working with them since earlier this year and I have *always* been paid in full and on time by Prolink.

I just received another email from Sophine this week telling me that she had put my latest payment in the mail (she always does and it always arrives).

My 2 cents, for what they are worth.

Nathalie

***** (Edited message - after Henry closed the thread): *****

Loek, kindly stop sending me private messages (4 in total so far!).

I do not care for you to be asking me to judge your situation. I never had any problems with this agency, do not ask me to come in between you and Prolink.

You have forwarded me all these huge attachments (without my permission!) and wrote me after I asked you to stop (via Email).

I find this behavior of yours *extremely ABUSIVE* and I do not care for it at all.

Nathalie

[ This Message was edited by: on 2002-11-11 14:10 ]

Direct link

Netherlands
English to Dutch
+ ...
TOPIC STARTER
Re Nov 11, 2002

Hi Nathalie,

I know you work for them.

1. I can send you a black on white e-mail from them (received 1 hour ago - their first response ever) in which they blame me for finishing my work too quickly. Apparently they assume that translators should take possible cancellations of jobs into account and never work too fast, not even after receiving a PO or even mentioning anything about such a possible cancellation.

The job was cancelled 2 minutes before delivery. I have evidence for this. I also know other translators who have knowledge about my case, and who have severe problems with Prolink\'s explanation, which changes every month. After all, on Proz.com they claim I did not deliver the translation at all.

It was like a 4000 word translation and they cancelled the job \"already\" after 2 days. They won\'t pay me because they think I shouldn\'t have finished that translation in 2 days.

Now that is the most ridiculous argument I have ever, ever heard.

All translators, make sure you do not translate more than 100 words per day per client, as they might cancel the project and don\'t want you to charge them too much for work already finished!

2. The cash payment Prolink claims to have made for another job (project 2) never arrived, for mysterious reasons.

3. It took them 162 days and 6 reminders (3 from me, 3 from my debt collection agency) to finally respond to the final reminder of my debt collection agency (by e-mail, 1 hour ago). They refuse to pay for project 1, for the reasons mentioned above.

4. Prolink continuously changes their story.

a) First they claimed they wanted to pay me

b) Then they claimed they never received my translation

c) Then they claim I work too fast (note that they have no complaints about the quality of my translation. See point 1 (above))

Note that I know that there are at least 3 different Dutch translations of this manual. I also know that somebody from Proz.com was contacted by Prolink to proofread the same translation *from another translator*, whose name I will not mention. The quality of this translation was not satisfactory. Nothing is ever mentioned however, about *my* translation, which was never proofread by anyone. They even claim they never got it. Then again, they just claimed they did, but I shouldn\'t work so fast. Can you still follow this? I can\'t.

I am not afraid of them, as I am merely stating the facts. I can back up all my statements with evidence (purchase orders, e-mail correspondence including e-mail headers with transcripts and routing information, translations delivered, letters from debt collection agency saying they do not respond, etcetera, etcetera).

I think, and this is an assumption, that they hardly need Dutch translators. So they treat their Dutch translators like trash, and treat the translators they really need, like you, like kings.

I challenge Prolink to proove me wrong and back up their ridiculous statements with evidence. I have the evidence. Do they have it too? Feel free to send me a mail if you want more information.

I have NOTHING to hide and can face myself in the mirror. I am an honest translator who has done the utmost to be friendly towards Prolink. After 162 days, my patience is gone. I am 100%, no 1000% sure that they have NOT acted honestly.

I want to warn everybody for this agency. Ofcourse to take revenge, I\'ll be honest about that, but also because I want to prevent that other translators are deceived by this agency.

[ This Message was edited by: on 2002-11-11 12:52 ]

Direct link

Henry Dotterer
Local time: 20:31
SITE FOUNDER
No special treatment (ie. use--or change--the blue board) Nov 11, 2002

Loek,

The role of site staff, with regard to the Blue Board, is to put a structure in place and then enforce the rules. We do not make any special consideration for anyone, and do not get involved in disputes.

The Blue Board allows you to say one thing, and the agency being reviewed gets to say one thing back. We think that is fair. It is also manageable, whereas disputes in public discussion forums are not.

If you are not satisfied with your experience in the Blue Board, please suggest a change in the structure. You should not use these discussion forums to get around the structure--in fact, such action is expressly forbidden. So in this case it is you who has broken a site rule, and not Prolink. I will therefore delete this thread, as soon as sufficient time has passed for you and others to see my response.

As for your fear of your reputation suffering, that presumes that Prolink\'s word will be trusted over yours. But I see no reason or indication that anyone would rush to judgement in a case where it is one person\'s word against another\'s.

Direct link

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

Moderator: need to edit rating for Prolink as they are posting blatant lies

Advanced search

Déjà Vu X3
Try it, Love it

Find out why Déjà Vu is today the most flexible, customizable and user-friendly tool on the market. See the brand new features in action: *Completely redesigned user interface *Live Preview *Inline spell checking *Inline

More info »
PerfectIt consistency checker
Faster Checking, Greater Accuracy

PerfectIt helps deliver error-free documents. It improves consistency, ensures quality and helps to enforce style guides. It’s a powerful tool for pro users, and comes with the assurance of a 30-day money back guarantee.

More info »

All of ProZ.com
  • All of ProZ.com
  • Term search
  • Jobs