https://www.proz.com/forum/prozcom%3A_translator_coop/6270-blue_board_suggestion%3A_let_both_translators_agencies_append_their_ratings.html

Blue Board suggestion: let both translators & agencies append their ratings
Thread poster: XX789 (X)
XX789 (X)
XX789 (X)  Identity Verified
Netherlands
Local time: 12:44
English to Dutch
+ ...
Nov 11, 2002

(I prefer violating a forum rule rather than violating the law, but I do understand where Henri is coming from and understand why he has to delete my thread).

I would like to propose the following change in the blue board structure:

Let both translators and agencies append to (not edit) their ratings, provided that for every addition a line is added saying when and what was appended by whom. To make sure that overview of the ratings is maintained, this a
... See more
(I prefer violating a forum rule rather than violating the law, but I do understand where Henri is coming from and understand why he has to delete my thread).

I would like to propose the following change in the blue board structure:

Let both translators and agencies append to (not edit) their ratings, provided that for every addition a line is added saying when and what was appended by whom. To make sure that overview of the ratings is maintained, this append info could be viewed via a separate Details button.

This way both agencies and translators still get the opportunity to defend themselves if one of the parties posts wrong information.

In the current situation, neither the translator or the agency can add/edit extra info once the agency has posted a reply. I believe this is not fair, neither for the agency as for the translator.

Loek van Kooten

http://www.akebono.nl

[ This Message was edited by: on 2002-11-11 13:25 ]
Collapse

Endre Both
Endre Both  Identity Verified
Germany
English to German
I support the idea Nov 11, 2002

The way both freelancers and agencies respond to complaints and accusations tells a lot about them. I don\'t see any reason to block such exchanges, if clarity is maintained by relegating additions to a separate page as suggested by Loek.

Jana Teteris
Jana Teteris  Identity Verified
United Kingdom
Local time: 11:44
Latvian to English
+ ...
call a truce!!! Nov 11, 2002

A fine example of a playground squabble, with neither side giving in. I suppose it makes a change from reading postings re. Trados

Hans G. Liepert
Hans G. Liepert  Identity Verified
Switzerland
English to German
+ ...
In memoriam
Heerlijk na die saaie dag Nov 11, 2002

Quote:

Loek wrote:/Nathalie wrote

Henry Dotterer
Henry Dotterer
Local time: 06:44
SITE FOUNDER
OK. Nov 11, 2002

Sounds like a reasonable enough suggestion. You have also given me the idea for additional checkboxes on the original form.

Now, we have:

[ ] I have worked for this agency

I will add:

[ ] I delivered work to this agency

[ ] The work was on time

[ ] I believe that the quality of the work was as good or better than was required.

This would have given you a chance to pre-empt, in advance, a state
... See more
Sounds like a reasonable enough suggestion. You have also given me the idea for additional checkboxes on the original form.

Now, we have:

[ ] I have worked for this agency

I will add:

[ ] I delivered work to this agency

[ ] The work was on time

[ ] I believe that the quality of the work was as good or better than was required.

This would have given you a chance to pre-empt, in advance, a statement to the contrary with your own version of the events.

Of course, if a person can not check all four boxes, they have no business posting to teh Blue Board.

Note: it will take some time to enter these changes, so they may not be helpful to you in the near term, Loek. Sorry, but we are swamped...
Collapse

XX789 (X)
XX789 (X)  Identity Verified
Netherlands
English to Dutch
+ ...
TOPIC STARTER
Aye, I understand Nov 11, 2002

Thank you Henri, that is great. I understand it will take some time to implement this feature, but it does give us a way to defend ourselves. I think this would be a very good compromise.

Thank you very much for implementing this feature and taking the time to listen.

Loek van Kooten

www.akebono.nl

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

Blue Board suggestion: let both translators & agencies append their ratings

Trados Studio 2022 Freelance
The leading translation software used by over 270,000 translators.

Designed with your feedback in mind, Trados Studio 2022 delivers an unrivalled, powerful desktop and cloud solution, empowering you to work in the most efficient and cost-effective way.

More info »
Trados Business Manager Lite
Create customer quotes and invoices from within Trados Studio

Trados Business Manager Lite helps to simplify and speed up some of the daily tasks, such as invoicing and reporting, associated with running your freelance translation business.

More info »