Mobile menu

Thread poster: Michael Deliso

Michael Deliso  Identity Verified
Local time: 22:06
Italian to English
+ ...
Nov 14, 2002

I have been doing translations the old fashion way...but I see all these CAT programs so I decided to download WFast..along with the manual...196 pages to there another faster and easier way to learn how to use it???

If I have to memorize 196 pages I might as well use my brain to remember th words to translate.

Direct link Reply with quote

Rubén de la Fuente  Identity Verified
English to Spanish
+ ...
you don't have to know it all Nov 14, 2002

To get started, you just have to know the basics: how to create a translation memory, how to jump from one segment to the following one... I\'ve been using wordfast for a month now and I\'ve only checked the handbook when I needed to. Don\'t go through the whole of it, just through the parts you need to know. It\'s a bit frustrating in the beginning, but it shouldn\'t take you more than a couple of days to get a working knowledge of the program. Should you need any help, please feel free to email me.

Elvira Stoianov  Identity Verified
German to Romanian
+ ...
My version of the Wordfast manual only has 26 pages and is very easy to use Nov 14, 2002

Please send me an email if you would like me to send it to you. I have downloaded Wordfast several months ago, when it was completely free. I am sure that the manual is just as good as yours, especially for the beginning, until you get used to the program. If you know the 26 pages, it is surely easier to look up some things in the 196, after using the program for a while.

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

Advanced search

Wake up in the Morning and see that you have sold TMs and made Money overnight

The TM Market Place for Translators
New: Our Instant TM Download
TM owners: Upload your TMs into the online database
Customers: Analyse your text & instantly download a text-specific TM
Well over 1.2 BILLION translation units

More info »
The words you want Anywhere, Anytime

WordFinder is the market's fastest and easiest way of finding the right word, term, translation or synonym in one or more dictionaries. In our assortment you can choose among more than 120 dictionaries in 15 languages from leading publishers.

More info »

All of
  • All of
  • Term search
  • Jobs