...wordfast...trados...etc...
Thread poster: Michael Deliso
Michael Deliso
Michael Deliso  Identity Verified
Local time: 08:34
Italian to English
+ ...
Nov 14, 2002

I have been doing translations the old fashion way...but I see all these CAT programs so I decided to download WFast..along with the manual...196 pages to learn..is there another faster and easier way to learn how to use it???

If I have to memorize 196 pages I might as well use my brain to remember th words to translate.

Rubén de la Fuente
Rubén de la Fuente  Identity Verified
English to Spanish
+ ...
you don't have to know it all Nov 14, 2002

To get started, you just have to know the basics: how to create a translation memory, how to jump from one segment to the following one... I\'ve been using wordfast for a month now and I\'ve only checked the handbook when I needed to. Don\'t go through the whole of it, just through the parts you need to know. It\'s a bit frustrating in the beginning, but it shouldn\'t take you more than a couple of days to get a working knowledge of the program. Should you need any help, please feel free to emai... See more
To get started, you just have to know the basics: how to create a translation memory, how to jump from one segment to the following one... I\'ve been using wordfast for a month now and I\'ve only checked the handbook when I needed to. Don\'t go through the whole of it, just through the parts you need to know. It\'s a bit frustrating in the beginning, but it shouldn\'t take you more than a couple of days to get a working knowledge of the program. Should you need any help, please feel free to email me.Collapse

Elvira Stoianov
Elvira Stoianov  Identity Verified
Luxembourg
German to Romanian
+ ...
My version of the Wordfast manual only has 26 pages and is very easy to use Nov 14, 2002

Please send me an email if you would like me to send it to you. I have downloaded Wordfast several months ago, when it was completely free. I am sure that the manual is just as good as yours, especially for the beginning, until you get used to the program. If you know the 26 pages, it is surely easier to look up some things in the 196, after using the program for a while.

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

...wordfast...trados...etc...

TM-Town
Manage your TMs and Terms ... and boost your translation business

Are you ready for something fresh in the industry? TM-Town is a unique new site for you -- the freelance translator -- to store, manage and share translation memories (TMs) and glossaries...and potentially meet new clients on the basis of your prior work.

More info »
Trados Business Manager Lite
Create customer quotes and invoices from within Trados Studio

Trados Business Manager Lite helps to simplify and speed up some of the daily tasks, such as invoicing and reporting, associated with running your freelance translation business.

More info »