Advertising on ProZ
Thread poster: ViktoriaG

ViktoriaG  Identity Verified
Canada
Local time: 20:12
English to French
+ ...
Mar 23, 2007

Today, I was browsing the forum of this site, and I bumped into a banner ad - for Travelocity!

I find it normal to find banners on this site like any commercial site on the net. However, this being the "translators workplace", I don't really understand why there are ads on here that have nothing to do with translation. To those who feel like saying that translators travel - well, who doesn't? Doctors also travel, pregnant women travel and even pets travel these days. I don't consider this kind of advertising as language service specific...

Am I the only one who finds this weird? On the other hand, I'd like to see more diversity in the banner ads that have to do with language services. I always see SDL and Babylon, but not much else... There are tons of products for language professionals and ProZ could help us get those products at good prices, all the while they would be making their buck, too.

Direct link Reply with quote

Drew MacFadyen
SITE STAFF
Travelocity ad turned off for members Mar 23, 2007

Thanks for your input. I have turned the travelocity ads off for ProZ.com members. You are correct in the ProZ.com members should only see translation related ads on the site.

Regards,

Drew MacFadyen
Advertising Manager

ViktoriaG  Identity Verified
Canada
English to French
+ ...
TOPIC STARTER
That was fast! Mar 23, 2007

Thanks!

William [Bill] Gray  Identity Verified
Norway
Local time: 02:12
Member (2006)
English
+ ...
Well done... Mar 23, 2007

Viktoria Gimbe wrote:

That was fast!

Thanks!

... Drew, Viktoria and ProZ! A great team!

[Edited at 2007-03-23 21:43]

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

Advertising on ProZ

Advanced search

PerfectIt consistency checker
Faster Checking, Greater Accuracy

PerfectIt helps deliver error-free documents. It improves consistency, ensures quality and helps to enforce style guides. It’s a powerful tool for pro users, and comes with the assurance of a 30-day money back guarantee.

More info »
TM-Town
Manage your TMs and Terms ... and boost your translation business

Are you ready for something fresh in the industry? TM-Town is a unique new site for you -- the freelance translator -- to store, manage and share translation memories (TMs) and glossaries...and potentially meet new clients on the basis of your prior work.

More info »

All of ProZ.com
  • All of ProZ.com
  • Term search
  • Jobs