Who is AbacusTrans?
Thread poster: SWEDISH-TRANSLATION.com - your Swedish translation partner (X)
SWEDISH-TRANSLATION.com - your Swedish translation partner (X)
Local time: 07:25
Swedish to English
+ ...
Dec 2, 2001

I recently posted a topic viewable on the top 10 topic list: \"The translation business is the best\". When my topic disappeared from the top 10 topics, somebody called AbacusTrans resubmitted it. The same thing has happened with the topics \"Public bids: food for thought and \"\'call to arms\'\" and \"Show me your rates, and I\'ll tell you what kind of translator you are\", which somebody else than AbacusTrans posted.

So, my question is simply this: \"Who is AbacusTrans\"?
... See more
I recently posted a topic viewable on the top 10 topic list: \"The translation business is the best\". When my topic disappeared from the top 10 topics, somebody called AbacusTrans resubmitted it. The same thing has happened with the topics \"Public bids: food for thought and \"\'call to arms\'\" and \"Show me your rates, and I\'ll tell you what kind of translator you are\", which somebody else than AbacusTrans posted.

So, my question is simply this: \"Who is AbacusTrans\"? Somebody at ProZ.com? And AbacusTrans, when this topic disappears, please resubmit it? Ok...

[ This Message was edited by: on 2001-12-02 07:27 ]
Collapse

Telesforo Fernandez (X)
Telesforo Fernandez (X)
Local time: 10:55
English to Spanish
+ ...
It happens Dec 2, 2001

hello Mattias,

Nohing to worry. I once posted a topic but after some time it appeared under the name of \'Ditto\'. I do not think Werner Patels has resummitted it under his name.

From his postings, I know he will not indulge in such things.

Probably it is some kind of bug on the site.

It is some kind of computer programme which automaticaly changes the name of the poster, which if it happens in case of job posters can be very harmful to the translators who
... See more
hello Mattias,

Nohing to worry. I once posted a topic but after some time it appeared under the name of \'Ditto\'. I do not think Werner Patels has resummitted it under his name.

From his postings, I know he will not indulge in such things.

Probably it is some kind of bug on the site.

It is some kind of computer programme which automaticaly changes the name of the poster, which if it happens in case of job posters can be very harmful to the translators who may lend doing free translation for them.

Collapse

Mats Wiman
Mats Wiman  Identity Verified
Sweden
Member (2000)
German to Swedish
+ ...
In memoriam
Abacus is Werner Patels! Dec 2, 2001

Google Werner and you\'ll see.

Telesforo Fernandez (X)
Telesforo Fernandez (X)
Local time: 10:55
English to Spanish
+ ...
See what? Dec 2, 2001

Matts,

You wrote :

See what? I think some kind of typo mistake.

Werner George Patels, M.A., C.Tran.(ATIO) (X)
Local time: 01:25
German to English
+ ...
Glitches, glitches, glitches Dec 2, 2001

This website has had problems for the last few days. I also know that ProZ was working on the forums because of some glitches.

Some of the topics were re-entered, by mistake, under the name of the most recent poster, instead of the original one.

So, sorry, Mattias, but I did not \"steal\" your topic; it\'s still yours (you can have it!).

Mattias, thank you very much for this kind of celebrity-like exposure ...
See more
This website has had problems for the last few days. I also know that ProZ was working on the forums because of some glitches.

Some of the topics were re-entered, by mistake, under the name of the most recent poster, instead of the original one.

So, sorry, Mattias, but I did not \"steal\" your topic; it\'s still yours (you can have it!).

Mattias, thank you very much for this kind of celebrity-like exposure (all you had to do was click on the name and you would have been taken to my profile).

Or maybe we can even turn it into some kind of \"parlour game\": Who is AbacusTrans? Where is AbacusTrans? Now you see me, now you don\'t

[ This Message was edited by: on 2001-12-02 08:19 ]
Collapse

Swedish to English
+ ...
TOPIC STARTER
AbracadabraTrans Dec 2, 2001

Ok, AbracadabraTrans, nice to meet you. Please use your magic and remove this mambo jambo topic.

[ This Message was edited by: on 2001-12-02 08:47 ]

Aleksander Vasiljevic
Aleksander Vasiljevic  Identity Verified
Serbia
Member (2003)
English to Serbian
+ ...
Is this really Werner? Dec 2, 2001

I wonder it was really Werner who wrote this message above. Somehow it doesn\'t look like he\'s using his own vocabulary... Fake?

German to English
+ ...
You guys make me laugh Dec 2, 2001

Hey Mattias and Alexander, thanks for giving me a good laugh today.

Sorry, I can\'t make this topic disappear - I am good, but I am not that good

Klaus Dorn (X)
Klaus Dorn (X)
Local time: 08:25
German to English
+ ...
all I wanna know is... Dec 2, 2001

...where do you guys get these lovely smiley or angry faces from, animated as well?

Carole Muller
Carole Muller
Denmark
English to French
+ ...
Ghost postings Dec 2, 2001

Hi Mathias,

I think Werner really is Werner and exists.

Apart from that I \"think\" (or so it felt when I did it) that I posted a reply to a forum discussion last week but it never ever appeared-not under another name either.

And I don\'t understand how you guys make the smilies nor where you take them from. Really, guys, I\'m mesmerized, and I have seen much in my life.

I hope I remember to enable \"Show Signat
... See more
Hi Mathias,

I think Werner really is Werner and exists.

Apart from that I \"think\" (or so it felt when I did it) that I posted a reply to a forum discussion last week but it never ever appeared-not under another name either.

And I don\'t understand how you guys make the smilies nor where you take them from. Really, guys, I\'m mesmerized, and I have seen much in my life.

I hope I remember to enable \"Show Signature\"
[addsig]
Collapse

German to English
+ ...
I think .... Dec 2, 2001

...therefore I am or am I and therefore I think

A spade is a spade is a spade just like Werner is Werner is Werner

German to English
+ ...
Smilies for Carole Dec 2, 2001

Hi Carole,

Click on this link to find out how smilies work - have fun!

www.proz.com/?sp=bb/faq&eid_c=22169#smilies

DR. RICHARD BAVRY (X)
DR. RICHARD BAVRY (X)
Spanish to English
+ ...
SMILES FOR MILES Dec 2, 2001

What, Werner, my good friend?

No smilies for \"flabbergasted\" and \"discombobulated\" yet?

Rich

DR. RICHARD BAVRY (X)
DR. RICHARD BAVRY (X)
Spanish to English
+ ...
Heisenberg Uncertainty Principle? Dec 3, 2001

Quote:

On 2001-12-02 07:49, MatsWiman wrote:

Maybe you had in mind a different Werner, Mats! The Werner of nuclear physics fame?

\"just can\'t put my finger on it...every time I do, the damned thing does a quantum jump!\"

[ This Message was edited by: on... See more
Quote:

On 2001-12-02 07:49, MatsWiman wrote:

Maybe you had in mind a different Werner, Mats! The Werner of nuclear physics fame?

\"just can\'t put my finger on it...every time I do, the damned thing does a quantum jump!\"

[ This Message was edited by: on 2001-12-03 00:19 ]Collapse

Nikki Scott-Despaigne
Nikki Scott-Despaigne  Identity Verified
French to English
Delete Dec 4, 2001

[ This Message was edited by: on 2001-12-04 22:51 ]

[ This Message was edited by: on 2001-12-04 22:52 ]

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

Who is AbacusTrans?

Protemos translation business management system
Create your account in minutes, and start working! 3-month trial for agencies, and free for freelancers!

The system lets you keep client/vendor database, with contacts and rates, manage projects and assign jobs to vendors, issue invoices, track payments, store and manage project files, generate business reports on turnover profit per client/manager etc.

More info »
Wordfast Pro
Translation Memory Software for Any Platform

Exclusive discount for ProZ.com users! Save over 13% when purchasing Wordfast Pro through ProZ.com. Wordfast is the world's #1 provider of platform-independent Translation Memory software. Consistently ranked the most user-friendly and highest value

Buy now! »