Mobile menu

How does one become a ProZ.com moderator?
Thread poster: Patrice

Patrice  Identity Verified
United States
Local time: 08:38
French to English
+ ...
Jul 21, 2007

I hope I've asked this in the right forum.

How does one become/apply to become a Proz moderator? I've emailed this to Proz staff before but never gotten an answer.

Direct link Reply with quote

Henry Dotterer
Local time: 11:38
SITE FOUNDER
Quoting Enrique... Jul 21, 2007

Hi Patricia, thanks for asking. I'll quote (community manager) Enrique's previous forum posts:

Some candidates volunteer for the position (usually through the support system), some are recommended by current moderators or by other members, and others are selected by staff among site members.

Advice and feedback are asked from other moderators (sometimes personally, sometimes globally) but the ultimate decision and responsibility falls on site staff.

and

What moderators are and do is described here.

The principles upon which ProZ.com has been built can be found in the document Sixteen (16) cornerstones of ProZ.com.

All the candidates designated for site moderation are chosen based on the criteria stated in these documents.

I've also added the above to the FAQ.

By the way, I see a number of support tickets from you, but none was on this subject and all are closed. The best way to get an answer from site staff is to enter a support ticket.

Patrice  Identity Verified
United States
Local time: 08:38
French to English
+ ...
TOPIC STARTER
Thanks! Jul 22, 2007

That was fast.

OK then. Via a support ticket.

There were probably others wondering as well.

Thanks!

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

How does one become a ProZ.com moderator?

Advanced search

Wordfast Pro
Translation Memory Software for Any Platform

Exclusive discount for ProZ.com users! Save over 13% when purchasing Wordfast Pro through ProZ.com. Wordfast is the world's #1 provider of platform-independent Translation Memory software. Consistently ranked the most user-friendly and highest value

More info »
TM-Town
Manage your TMs and Terms ... and boost your translation business

Are you ready for something fresh in the industry? TM-Town is a unique new site for you -- the freelance translator -- to store, manage and share translation memories (TMs) and glossaries...and potentially meet new clients on the basis of your prior work.

More info »

All of ProZ.com
  • All of ProZ.com
  • Term search
  • Jobs