How to squash inappropriate KudoZ questions?
Thread poster: Nina Engberg
Nina Engberg
Nina Engberg  Identity Verified
United States
Local time: 03:20
English to Swedish
+ ...
Dec 12, 2001

In the event I would like to squash a question, I would like to know how to do that. I was of the understanding that after 100 KudoZ-points, I was going to be able to do that. I am able to change some things now, but there does not seem to be an option for squashing.

Thanks in advance for any help shedding some light over this.

Nina Olds

Andrea Bullrich
Andrea Bullrich  Identity Verified
Local time: 06:20
English to Spanish
500 KudoZ for squashing Dec 12, 2001

Hi Nina!

You need 500 KudoZ to squash (And then you need a lot of self-restraint not to do it... I\'ve been known to complain to my friends about their reasons for squashing, and they\'ve done the same to me, so be ready to give some explanations!)

Hope this helps

Andrea

Franck Abate
Franck Abate  Identity Verified
United States
English to French
+ ...
what does squashing a question mean? Dec 12, 2001

Sorry if this sounds dumb of me but what does \"squashing a question\" mean? And what would be the connection with the number of browniz points?

Thanks

Franck

gianfranco
gianfranco  Identity Verified
Brazil
Local time: 06:20
Member (2001)
English to Italian
+ ...
Squashing and bouncers Dec 12, 2001

Squashing means simply \'deleting\' a Kudoz question. It can be done by all the site moderators and by a restricted number of other users (bouncers).

A \"bouncer\" is simply a ProZ user that has reached the level of 500 KudoZ (not BrowniZ). It used to be 100.

At this level it is assumed that the person is familiar with ProZ and its policies and able to help the moderators in keeping the KudoZ area free from abusive or vulgar postings, as it happens occa
... See more
Squashing means simply \'deleting\' a Kudoz question. It can be done by all the site moderators and by a restricted number of other users (bouncers).

A \"bouncer\" is simply a ProZ user that has reached the level of 500 KudoZ (not BrowniZ). It used to be 100.

At this level it is assumed that the person is familiar with ProZ and its policies and able to help the moderators in keeping the KudoZ area free from abusive or vulgar postings, as it happens occasionally.

Also, may get squashed any posting deemed offensive towards other fellow translators or ProZ users.

The site doesn\'t tolerate sexually, racially or religiously offensive language.

Note that this is not enforced blindly.

When a question, asked for a legitimate reason, if possible explained by the asker, entails the translation of \'difficult\' terms, there is no problem.

Moderators can also unsquash questions wrongly squashed.

A similar feature is available to the very new feature of hiding/un-hiding single answers, which is a refinement on the previous feature of squashing the whole question (and all answers with it).

The novelty is that each answer can now be hidden personally by the author, in case of an afterthought, as to no confuse or mislead the asker.

Gianfranco

En>It co-moderator

[ This Message was edited by: on 2001-12-12 10:57 ]
Collapse

Nina Engberg
Nina Engberg  Identity Verified
United States
English to Swedish
+ ...
TOPIC STARTER
Thank you Dec 12, 2001

Thanks for explaining how it works!

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

How to squash inappropriate KudoZ questions?

TM-Town
Manage your TMs and Terms ... and boost your translation business

Are you ready for something fresh in the industry? TM-Town is a unique new site for you -- the freelance translator -- to store, manage and share translation memories (TMs) and glossaries...and potentially meet new clients on the basis of your prior work.

More info »
Wordfast Pro
Translation Memory Software for Any Platform

Exclusive discount for ProZ.com users! Save over 13% when purchasing Wordfast Pro through ProZ.com. Wordfast is the world's #1 provider of platform-independent Translation Memory software. Consistently ranked the most user-friendly and highest value

Buy now! »