Thread poster: Sara Fiorelli
Sara Fiorelli
Sara Fiorelli
Italy
Local time: 13:38
English to Italian
+ ...
Jan 21, 2008

Hello everyone. I was browsing the web site to have information about ProZ.com internal teams...so I looked up the rules to join teams. One of these rules sounds strange to me. It sais:

2. Who can be a part of a ProZ.com translation team?

Any ProZ.com member can be part of a team. However, only ProZ.com members can create a new team, invite other translators
... See more
Hello everyone. I was browsing the web site to have information about ProZ.com internal teams...so I looked up the rules to join teams. One of these rules sounds strange to me. It sais:

Any ProZ.com member can be part of a team. However, only ProZ.com members can create a new team, invite other translators, and have control over the team's settings.

...now...any ProZ.com member can be part of a team and create it as well?!? I guess there's a mistake...I tought that any ProZ.com USER could join a team and members could create it too. That would sound more correct to me. Is it right? Is there a mistake or actually only members can join groups? But, if so, why specify with "however"??
Thanks for your replies!
Collapse

Enrique Cavalitto
Enrique Cavalitto  Identity Verified
Argentina
Local time: 08:38
Member (2006)
English to Spanish
FAQ corrected Jan 21, 2008

Dear Sara, thanks for spotting this, the corresponding FAQ has been corrected and now it reads:

Any ProZ.com user can be part of a team. However, only ProZ.com members can create a new team, invite other translators, and have control over the team's settings.

Regards,
Enrique

Sara Fiorelli
Sara Fiorelli
Italy
Local time: 13:38
English to Italian
+ ...
TOPIC STARTER
ok Jan 21, 2008

Thank you Enrique, I guessed it must have been so.

[Edited at 2008-01-21 09:28]

Just another thing that came to my mind: for "member" do you mean also "student member"? Can student members create teams? Thanks again.

[Edited at 2008-01-21 14:01]

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

ProZ teams - doubt on a rule

Anycount & Translation Office 3000
Translation Office 3000

Translation Office 3000 is an advanced accounting tool for freelance translators and small agencies. TO3000 easily and seamlessly integrates with the business life of professional freelance translators.

More info »
Trados Business Manager Lite
Create customer quotes and invoices from within Trados Studio

Trados Business Manager Lite helps to simplify and speed up some of the daily tasks, such as invoicing and reporting, associated with running your freelance translation business.

More info »