Book translation royalties - What is the standard?
Thread poster: Katalin Horváth McClure

Katalin Horváth McClure  Identity Verified
United States
Local time: 12:57
Member (2002)
English to Hungarian
+ ...
Apr 1, 2003

There is an excellent model contract posted on another forum, for literary (book) translations:

http://www.proz.com/?sp=bb/viewtopic&topic_id=318&forum_id=19

I would be interested to learn about the standard percentages for royalties due to translators when the translated books are published. This refers to 13.1, 13.2 and 16.x clauses in the above-mentioned model contract.

If some of you have experience with this side of the business in the US (book published in the US by a US publisher) and could give me some idea about the numbers (either here or in a private email) I would appreciate it very much.

If you have used a different contract, please tell me about that (again, if the information sensitive, send me a private email).

Thank you very much

Katalin

Direct link Reply with quote

Oksana_Trans
United Kingdom
Local time: 17:57
English to Russian
Info? Aug 26, 2010

Dear Katalin,

The post is quite old and your link is not active, but I was wondering, have you ever found the answer? I am looking for the same information and would be grateful for any pointers.

Kind regards,

Oksana.

Direct link Reply with quote

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

Book translation royalties - What is the standard?

Advanced search

Anycount & Translation Office 3000
Translation Office 3000

Translation Office 3000 is an advanced accounting tool for freelance translators and small agencies. TO3000 easily and seamlessly integrates with the business life of professional freelance translators.

More info »
memoQ translator pro
Kilgray's memoQ is the world's fastest developing integrated localization & translation environment rendering you more productive and efficient.

With our advanced file filters, unlimited language and advanced file support, memoQ translator pro has been designed for translators and reviewers who work on their own, with other translators or in team-based translation projects.

More info »

Forums
  • All of ProZ.com
  • Term search
  • Jobs
  • Forums