Colin Brady
Colin Brady  Identity Verified
Argentina
Local time: 04:21
French to English
+ ...
Jan 8, 2010

Hi All,

The old navigation menu will no longer be available starting February 1st.

If you haven't tried the new menu, you can switch to it by clicking the "Try the new ProZ.com menu" link at the top of the page.

Also, on January 18th everyone will be switched over to the new menu, with the option of switching back for two weeks.

Please let me know if you have any feedback. Thanks!

RichardDeegan
RichardDeegan
Local time: 02:21
Spanish to English
So Jan 9, 2010

The discussion is over. Sorry I missed it.

Mihai Badea (X)
Mihai Badea (X)  Identity Verified
Luxembourg
English to Romanian
+ ...
I like the new menu, but I'm still using the old one Jan 10, 2010

Hi Colin,

I liked the new menu very much. However, at some point I went back to the old menu. I couldn’t locate some menu items. I still can’t find “My Teams”, for instance. My impression is that the new menu contains a lower number of items, so some of them might be missing in the new menu.

I think a correspondence table old menu - new menu would make the life of many of us much easier.

Lucia Leszinsky
Lucia Leszinsky
SITE STAFF
How to access site areas related to personal account Jan 10, 2010

Hello Mihai,

When using the new site navigation menu, you should be able to access site areas related to your own account such as "My teams" or "My hosting" (as opposed to public site areas such as Forums and Jobs) by mousing over your name at the top of each site page.

Hope this helps.

... See more
Hello Mihai,

When using the new site navigation menu, you should be able to access site areas related to your own account such as "My teams" or "My hosting" (as opposed to public site areas such as Forums and Jobs) by mousing over your name at the top of each site page.

Hope this helps.

Have a nice weekend!

Regards,

Lucia
Collapse

Mihai Badea (X)
Mihai Badea (X)  Identity Verified
Luxembourg
English to Romanian
+ ...
My teams Jan 10, 2010

Lucia Leszinsky wrote:

Hello Mihai,

I found it. That makes sense.

Thanks, Lucia.

Katalin Horváth McClure
Katalin Horváth McClure  Identity Verified
United States
Local time: 03:21
Member (2002)
English to Hungarian
+ ...
GBK glossaries are not accessible from the new menus? Jan 10, 2010

I mentioned it about two weeks ago, here:

http://www.proz.com/forum/kudoz/152627-good_tidings_for_gbk.html#1293956

Katalin

Colin Brady
Argentina
French to English
+ ...
TOPIC STARTER
GBK is accessible from within KudoZ Jan 11, 2010

Hi Katalin,

Thanks for posting. I did leave it out on purpose, to simplify the menu a bit. It is accessible from within KudoZ.

Katalin Horváth McClure
United States
Member (2002)
English to Hungarian
+ ...
Where exactly? Jan 11, 2010

Colin wrote:

Hi Katalin,

Thanks for posting. I did leave it out on purpose, to simplify the menu a bit. It is accessible from within KudoZ.

Colin, I can't find it. Where is it?
Katalin

Colin Brady
Argentina
French to English
+ ...
TOPIC STARTER
The left side of the page Jan 11, 2010

Hi Katalin,

You should see a menu down the left side of the KudoZ question list page, as well as the question view page:

GBK questions
GBK term search
GBK language glossary

Katalin Horváth McClure
United States
Member (2002)
English to Hungarian
+ ...
Not logical, IMHO Jan 12, 2010

Colin,
With all due respect, I don't think it is logical to leave the GBK area completely out of the menus. Yes, you can find the
- GBK questions
- GBK term search
- GBK language glossary
options both on the KudoZ asking and answering pages, but when people want to search for terminology, they do not go to those pages.

There is a link to "KudoZ glossaries", but that is a misleading naming, as it only includes the glossaries built by "Help-type" KudoZ,
... See more
Colin,
With all due respect, I don't think it is logical to leave the GBK area completely out of the menus. Yes, you can find the
- GBK questions
- GBK term search
- GBK language glossary
options both on the KudoZ asking and answering pages, but when people want to search for terminology, they do not go to those pages.

There is a link to "KudoZ glossaries", but that is a misleading naming, as it only includes the glossaries built by "Help-type" KudoZ, not the GBK glossaries. There is no link from the main menu to the GBK glossaries.

The Term Search menu takes you to the regular search, and there is no link from the menu to the GBK term search: http://www.proz.com/?sp=kog_glossary

I understand if you don't want to mix these with the "Translation help network" items in the top half of the Terminology menu, but you can perhaps insert them into the bottom half, as part of the "Other terminology resources". After all, you do have a link to Personal glossaries, Glosspost, etc. there.

Katalin
Collapse

Chiara Righele
Chiara Righele  Identity Verified
Italy
Local time: 09:21
English to Italian
+ ...
Problems with new menus + Firefox Jan 29, 2010

I don't know if this is the right place to post this...

Anyway, I'm experiencing problems with some of the new drop down menus (Member activities - Tools - About) when using Firefox
When I pass over them with my mouse, they are not displayed correctly, that is to say, they "flicker" continuously so that it's not possible to select one of their options.
No problems with the first 3 menus.

Could you please fix that?

Chiara

Colin Brady
Argentina
French to English
+ ...
TOPIC STARTER
GBK glossary added to the menu Feb 17, 2010

Hi Katalin,

Thanks for the feedback. I have added the GBK glossary to the menu.

Also, sorry for the delayed response!

Katalin Horváth McClure
United States
Member (2002)
English to Hungarian
+ ...
Thank you, Colin Feb 17, 2010

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

Updated site navigation menu will soon be the standard

Anycount & Translation Office 3000
Translation Office 3000

Translation Office 3000 is an advanced accounting tool for freelance translators and small agencies. TO3000 easily and seamlessly integrates with the business life of professional freelance translators.

More info »
CafeTran Espresso
You've never met a CAT tool this clever!

Translate faster & easier, using a sophisticated CAT tool built by a translator / developer. Accept jobs from clients who use Trados, MemoQ, Wordfast & major CAT tools. Download and start using CafeTran Espresso -- for free

Buy now! »