Mobile menu

job notifications do not correspond to the rates entered in profile
Thread poster: xxx xxx
xxx xxx
Local time: 03:27
Jul 8, 2003

I am sure it has been mentioned before but I would just like to confirm that the job notification system still does not work as it should. As far as I know we should not be bothered with calls for quotes if the rates given by the agency are below the minimum rates we have entered in our profiles.

However, I keep getting notifications for jobs which are paid way under my rates. Could the reason be that I entered my rates in Euros and not in US$ even though the job announcement gives the rates in US$ and in Euros?

I must admit that it is annoying to get such a notification at the time you would want to finish your day's work and you have to waste your time on such a notification till you finally realize that the offer is not for you just because of the offered rates.

Maybe Henry or someone else could remove the bug or give me a hint how to avoid this problem in the future?

Direct link Reply with quote

Ralf Lemster  Identity Verified
Local time: 03:27
English to German
+ ...
Please send me the details Jul 8, 2003

Hallo Diane,
Can you please send me the details, particularly the job ID/URL privately, together with your rates?

Thanks, Ralf

Direct link Reply with quote

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

job notifications do not correspond to the rates entered in profile

Advanced search PDF Translation
Fast and Reliable PDF Translation - reduce your workload while maintaining quality

Unlock the potential of PDFs, taking your original PDF, replacing the text with your translations from your preferred tools and in minutes, get a high quality, ready-to-use, translated PDF. Try it now - your first 50 pages are free.

More info »
Manage your TMs and Terms ... and boost your translation business

Are you ready for something fresh in the industry? TM-Town is a unique new site for you -- the freelance translator -- to store, manage and share translation memories (TMs) and glossaries...and potentially meet new clients on the basis of your prior work.

More info »

All of
  • All of
  • Term search
  • Jobs