Mobile menu

bounce-handler@proz: your answer has been chosen
Thread poster: Jane Lamb-Ruiz
Jane Lamb-Ruiz  Identity Verified
French to English
+ ...
Jul 17, 2003

I have received two emails as per the above email sender.

Is this kosher or just some hack job?

It really sounded weird to me...

I did not open the emails...

Thanx for your help...

Direct link Reply with quote

Ralf Lemster  Identity Verified
Local time: 08:55
English to German
+ ...
Nothing weird Jul 17, 2003

Hi Jane,
"" is the sender address used by the mail server for the delivery of all sorts of notification (in fact, I just received a notification of your posting from this very address).

Of course, I cannot tell you that these two messages were safe - nobody can say that because recent worms use their own mail engines to compile random combinations of sender, recipient and reference. But the address per se is nothing to be worried about.

HTH - Ralf

Claudia Iglesias  Identity Verified
Local time: 03:55
Member (2002)
Spanish to French
+ ...
Careful if there's an attachement May 30, 2004 doesn't send attachements anyway, so if there's any--> trash immediately.

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

bounce-handler@proz: your answer has been chosen

Advanced search

Protemos translation business management system
Create your account in minutes, and start working! 3-month trial for agencies, and free for freelancers!

The system lets you keep client/vendor database, with contacts and rates, manage projects and assign jobs to vendors, issue invoices, track payments, store and manage project files, generate business reports on turnover profit per client/manager etc.

More info »
PerfectIt consistency checker
Faster Checking, Greater Accuracy

PerfectIt helps deliver error-free documents. It improves consistency, ensures quality and helps to enforce style guides. It’s a powerful tool for pro users, and comes with the assurance of a 30-day money back guarantee.

More info »

All of
  • All of
  • Term search
  • Jobs