Mobile menu

KudoZNet Unicode makes reading Cyrillic impossible for many
Thread poster: GaryG

GaryG  Identity Verified
Local time: 20:34
English
+ ...
Aug 13, 2003

Apparently only those with Russian Windows systems can read these questions and answers but those of us with English-based systems can't. Is there a fix in the works?

Direct link Reply with quote

Jack Doughty  Identity Verified
United Kingdom
Local time: 01:34
Member (2000)
Russian to English
+ ...
Only makes email titles impossible for me Aug 14, 2003

I have the standard English version of Windows 98, and the only problem I find is that when I am notified by email of a question submitted via KudoZ.net, the title of the email is just a series of question marks, but if I follow the link in the email, I can read the question when I get there.

GaryG  Identity Verified
Local time: 20:34
English
+ ...
TOPIC STARTER
Quite the opposite for me Aug 14, 2003

Jack Doughty wrote:

I have the standard English version of Windows 98, and the only problem I find is that when I am notified by email of a question submitted via KudoZ.net, the title of the email is just a series of question marks, but if I follow the link in the email, I can read the question when I get there.

In my case (thinking of the Sedovs' East Room of the White House question) I could read the question and selected answer in the list of ProZ questions but not any of the responses when I actuall went to the question.
I'm using Mac OS 9.1 and Netscape (I can't get IE 5.1.7, Mac version, to work with KudoZ Cyrillic at all or Cyrillic in general).

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

KudoZNet Unicode makes reading Cyrillic impossible for many

Advanced search

LSP.expert
You’re a freelance translator? LSP.expert helps you manage your daily translation jobs. It’s easy, fast and secure.

How about you start tracking translation jobs and sending invoices in minutes? You can also manage your clients and generate reports about your business activities. So you always keep a clear view on your planning, AND you get a free 30 day trial period!

More info »
Across v6.3
Translation Toolkit and Sales Potential under One Roof

Apart from features that enable you to translate more efficiently, the new Across Translator Edition v6.3 comprises your crossMarket membership. The new online network for Across users assists you in exploring new sales potential and generating revenue.

More info »

All of ProZ.com
  • All of ProZ.com
  • Term search
  • Jobs