https://www.proz.com/forum/prozcom_bugs/13552-forums_index_page_not_functioning.html

Forums Index page not functioning
Thread poster: Jack Doughty
Jack Doughty
Jack Doughty  Identity Verified
United Kingdom
Local time: 05:32
Russian to English
+ ...
In memoriam
Aug 24, 2003

Just sent this as a Support request thinking I couldn't access Forums to post it, then thought of doing it this way from a topic on the home page.

Often in the past few days, and every time today, when I go to the Forum index/overview page, I can't get any further because nothing will respond to a mouse click, though I still have and can move the cursor. All I can do is press Ctrl+Alt+Del, which brings up a list of programs with ProZ highlighted, press "End Task" on it twice (that
... See more
Just sent this as a Support request thinking I couldn't access Forums to post it, then thought of doing it this way from a topic on the home page.

Often in the past few days, and every time today, when I go to the Forum index/overview page, I can't get any further because nothing will respond to a mouse click, though I still have and can move the cursor. All I can do is press Ctrl+Alt+Del, which brings up a list of programs with ProZ highlighted, press "End Task" on it twice (that does respond to the mouse), then another "End Task" screen appears, I click on that and am out of ProZ and back to my desktop. Is anyone else experiencing this?
Collapse

Claudia Iglesias
Claudia Iglesias  Identity Verified
Chile
Local time: 00:32
Member (2002)
Spanish to French
+ ...
Are you talking of this page, Jack? Aug 24, 2003

http://www.proz.com/?sp=bb/new&action=Overview

All the links are working for me.

Jack Doughty
Jack Doughty  Identity Verified
United Kingdom
Local time: 05:32
Russian to English
+ ...
TOPIC STARTER
In memoriam
At the moment, that one's OK Aug 24, 2003

Tried your link & there was no problem. That one is accessed from the Home Page, going down to the recent Forums postings and selecting "View all forums"; and also by selecting "Forums from within a topic or forum. Have just tried these and am now having no problem, though I was earlier.
The other way in is from the drop-down menus at the head of the home page, via "Community" & Forums".
... See more
Tried your link & there was no problem. That one is accessed from the Home Page, going down to the recent Forums postings and selecting "View all forums"; and also by selecting "Forums from within a topic or forum. Have just tried these and am now having no problem, though I was earlier.
The other way in is from the drop-down menus at the head of the home page, via "Community" & Forums". This produces a page line http://www.proz.com/?sp=bb and this line did produce this problem when I tried it a little while ago, but I have been there twice more since then and it has been OK. So maybe this is solving itself? Hope so. Thanks for your interest.
Collapse

Henry Dotterer
Henry Dotterer
Local time: 00:32
SITE FOUNDER
Could be a load issue on either the server you accessed or your own computer Aug 24, 2003

That page is unique in that it is heavy, in terms of amount of data sent and effort required to access all recent forum data. We had some trouble with one of our web servers two days ago, and that could explain the intermittent outage you experienced.

The other possibility is the load on your machine. I would not normally consider that, but this page is one of the "fuller" pages we send, and your computer should not be choking on the page as a result of slow performance from our ser
... See more
That page is unique in that it is heavy, in terms of amount of data sent and effort required to access all recent forum data. We had some trouble with one of our web servers two days ago, and that could explain the intermittent outage you experienced.

The other possibility is the load on your machine. I would not normally consider that, but this page is one of the "fuller" pages we send, and your computer should not be choking on the page as a result of slow performance from our server.

Let me know, preferably via support request, if it recurs.

Thanks.
Collapse

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

Forums Index page not functioning

Protemos translation business management system
Create your account in minutes, and start working! 3-month trial for agencies, and free for freelancers!

The system lets you keep client/vendor database, with contacts and rates, manage projects and assign jobs to vendors, issue invoices, track payments, store and manage project files, generate business reports on turnover profit per client/manager etc.

More info »
TM-Town
Manage your TMs and Terms ... and boost your translation business

Are you ready for something fresh in the industry? TM-Town is a unique new site for you -- the freelance translator -- to store, manage and share translation memories (TMs) and glossaries...and potentially meet new clients on the basis of your prior work.

More info »