Why does MS Internet Explorer freeze when I submit answers to KudoZ questions?
Thread poster: JoGunn
JoGunn
JoGunn
Local time: 09:00
English to Icelandic
+ ...
Sep 4, 2003

Every time I submit an answer to a KudoZ question, Internet Explorer becomes unresponsive and the website doesn't reload. The answer always gets submitted, but I have to use Force Quit to get out of the program and restart it so I can get back on the net. I'm using an iMac running OS 9.
Is this a Mac problem or a browser problem and can it be fixed?

Jack Doughty
Jack Doughty  Identity Verified
United Kingdom
Local time: 09:00
Russian to English
+ ...
In memoriam
Maybe not enough memory? Sep 4, 2003

I had a similar problem recently with the Forums Overview page (see my posting in this forum about it).
Once or twice, having got stuck on this page and forgotten about it, I have tried to open something else - Outlook Express or Word - and been told that I have insufficient memory to run them.
I am no expert, and I am just guessing, but it seems to me, from the above and what Henry has told me about my problem page, that ProZ can be quite demanding as far as RAM is concerned. I onl
... See more
I had a similar problem recently with the Forums Overview page (see my posting in this forum about it).
Once or twice, having got stuck on this page and forgotten about it, I have tried to open something else - Outlook Express or Word - and been told that I have insufficient memory to run them.
I am no expert, and I am just guessing, but it seems to me, from the above and what Henry has told me about my problem page, that ProZ can be quite demanding as far as RAM is concerned. I only have 128 Mb and intend to double this shortly. I hope it will solve the problem (if some expert thinks it won't, please tell me!) and perhaps it might solve yours.
Collapse

Martin Schmurr
Martin Schmurr  Identity Verified
Local time: 10:00
Italian to German
it is a Mac problem Sep 18, 2003

because I had it, too, but the old design works perfectly!

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

Why does MS Internet Explorer freeze when I submit answers to KudoZ questions?

Trados Studio 2022 Freelance
The leading translation software used by over 270,000 translators.

Designed with your feedback in mind, Trados Studio 2022 delivers an unrivalled, powerful desktop and cloud solution, empowering you to work in the most efficient and cost-effective way.

More info »
CafeTran Espresso
You've never met a CAT tool this clever!

Translate faster & easier, using a sophisticated CAT tool built by a translator / developer. Accept jobs from clients who use Trados, MemoQ, Wordfast & major CAT tools. Download and start using CafeTran Espresso -- for free

Buy now! »