Mobile menu

Extra dashes after URLs mess up links in Kudoz notification emails
Thread poster: xxxtr.
xxxtr.
Local time: 11:40
English to Italian
Sep 22, 2003

Hi, this is really just a minor inconvenience and not really a bug, but it is a bit annoying nonetheless - in email notifications of new Kudoz questions, the link appears at the bottom of the section that's "boxed" in lines of dashes, so I get this for instance:

URL: http://www.proz.com/kudoz/526949
-----------------------

What happens is that those dashes get read as if they were part of the link too, so if I click on the url in the email body I get an error message - to go to the page I have to copy the link by hand and remove the dashes... Of course, it's not such a big deal, but it would really be nice to have it fixed.

I guess adding an extra line of space should suffice.

Thanks,
Monica

Direct link Reply with quote

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

Extra dashes after URLs mess up links in Kudoz notification emails

Advanced search

Protemos translation business management system
Create your account in minutes, and start working! 3-month trial for agencies, and free for freelancers!

The system lets you keep client/vendor database, with contacts and rates, manage projects and assign jobs to vendors, issue invoices, track payments, store and manage project files, generate business reports on turnover profit per client/manager etc.

More info »
TM-Town
Manage your TMs and Terms ... and boost your translation business

Are you ready for something fresh in the industry? TM-Town is a unique new site for you -- the freelance translator -- to store, manage and share translation memories (TMs) and glossaries...and potentially meet new clients on the basis of your prior work.

More info »

All of ProZ.com
  • All of ProZ.com
  • Term search
  • Jobs