Can not enter terms in the glossary
Thread poster: bea0
bea0  Identity Verified
United States
Local time: 19:51
English to Spanish
+ ...
Jul 8, 2001

When I am awarded the points, and receive the e-mail from Proz, the system specifies whether the asker has entered the term in the glossary or not.

When the asker didn´t, there appears a hypelink in the body of the e-mail above which there is an expression that reads that I can enter the term by clicking such link. But, when clicking, it is not possible to enter the term. There is no option to do so.

Sincerely,

Direct link

Ingmar Gutberlet
Local time: 01:51
English to German
+ ...
Jul 9, 2001

The same thing seems to be happening to other people as well. See the corresponding posting by me \"further up\".

Direct link

Nikki Scott-Despaigne  Identity Verified
French to English
Jul 16, 2001

Same again this morning for this one :

http://www.proz.com/v3/index.php3?sp=h&sid=&id=66815&gloss=enter

Is this intentional or just a \"blip\"?

Direct link

Daphne Theodoraki  Identity Verified
Sweden
Member (2003)
Swedish to Greek
+ ...
Jul 18, 2001

Hi everyone,

I can\'t enter terms in the glossary either, when I am sent the link by e-mail. Henry has replied to this question in the CAT TOOLS/Technical Support section; it seems there is some problem of which they are now aware and they\'re working on it.

Cheers,

Daphne

Direct link

Alexander Schleber  Identity Verified
Belgium
Member (2003)
English to German
+ ...
Aug 17, 2001

I have sent several emails on this topic, but always to info@proz.com.

The answer to the problem is: the link contains to much information. Example: http://www.proz.com/v3/?sp=h&id=37925&gloss=enter

If you go to the website with this link, then no glossary can be enhtered (the icon is missing)

If you remove the \"&gloss=enter\" from the link and push enter, the screen refreshes, showing the glossary icon.

So all that has to be done is that the link that is sent with the congratulatory email is edited to remove the above text (&gloss=enter) text at the end. Then the link should work perfectly.

Alexander Schleber

[ This Message was edited by: on 2001-08-17 14:35 ]

Direct link

Luis Latoja  Identity Verified
English to Spanish
Aug 23, 2001

It still does not work by deleting that portion of the link.

Luis

On 2001-08-17 14:33, words wrote:

I have sent several emails on this topic, but always to info@proz.com.

The answer to the problem is: the link contains to much information. Example: http://www.proz.com/v3/?sp=h&id=37925&gloss=enter

If you go to the website with this link, then no glossary can be enhtered (the icon is missing)

If you remove the \"&gloss=enter\" from the link and push enter, the screen refreshes, showing the glossary icon.

So all that has to be done is that the link that is sent with the congratulatory email is edited to remove the above text (&gloss=enter) text at the end. Then the link should work perfectly.

Alexander Schleber

[ This Message was edited by: on 2001-08-17 14:35 ]

[/quote]

Direct link

Didier Fourcot  Identity Verified
Member (2004)
English to French
Aug 27, 2001

You may also enter the term in the glossary when looking back at the question and your answer from the main Kudoz page
[addsig]

Direct link

ildiHo
English to French
+ ...
Aug 29, 2001

Well, i still can\'t enter any new word in the glossary. I tried both erasing the last letters from the hyperlink and registering the term at the main page, but the \"enter\" icon does not appear The problem is not related to the internet browser, because i was trying every trick with Internet Explorer and Opera too... without any result.

Direct link

Henry Dotterer
Local time: 19:51
SITE FOUNDER
Problem resolved...? Oct 3, 2001

I believe this bug is now fixed?

If it is not please let me know.

Include your username.

Direct link

Hans-Bertil Karlsson
Sweden
Norwegian to Swedish
+ ...
URL is splitted in 2 lines Oct 7, 2001

Please observe that the URL sometimes can be split in 2 lines in your E-mail client so that the last part of it \"login=y\" is missing. Then you will not be able to enter a glossary!

You have to either add this manually, or cut and paste the whole line in your web-browser

Regards

Hans
[addsig]

Direct link

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

Can not enter terms in the glossary

Advanced search

Anycount & Translation Office 3000
Translation Office 3000

Translation Office 3000 is an advanced accounting tool for freelance translators and small agencies. TO3000 easily and seamlessly integrates with the business life of professional freelance translators.

More info »
PerfectIt consistency checker
Faster Checking, Greater Accuracy

PerfectIt helps deliver error-free documents. It improves consistency, ensures quality and helps to enforce style guides. It’s a powerful tool for pro users, and comes with the assurance of a 30-day money back guarantee.

More info »

All of ProZ.com
  • All of ProZ.com
  • Term search
  • Jobs