Mobile menu

Site keeps crashing
Thread poster: jgal

jgal  Identity Verified
Local time: 05:43
French to English
+ ...
Jul 12, 2001

Is it just me, or has the site been going down a lot over the past few days.

Several times recently, when trying to open ProZ, or even when moving from one page to another, I get the following message:

Warning: MySQL Connection Failed: Too many connections in inc_header.php3 on line 8

Unable to connect to SQL server...

Why does this happen? Does anyone else have this problem?

Direct link Reply with quote

Daphne Theodoraki  Identity Verified
Sweden
Member (2003)
Swedish to Greek
+ ...
Jul 15, 2001

Yes Julia, I do! Not as often as you, though. I have noticed that I usually get this message during \"peak-hours\", i.e. between 3 and 5 pm CET. And even if I don\'t get the message, the connection is extremely slow, and it\'s not MY connection because other sites load pretty fast.

Also, the CAT Tool Centre is link is not working any more (but that\'s probably not a bug...)

Blanca Rodr�guez
English to Spanish
+ ...
Jul 22, 2001

It happened to me as well, but it seems to be working pretty well. Probably because it\'s sunday. We\'ll see on Monday. I think it\'s just that the system is overloaded... Henry, I\'m affraid you\'ll have a bit more of work to do.
[addsig]

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

Site keeps crashing

Advanced search

WordFinder
The words you want Anywhere, Anytime

WordFinder is the market's fastest and easiest way of finding the right word, term, translation or synonym in one or more dictionaries. In our assortment you can choose among more than 120 dictionaries in 15 languages from leading publishers.

More info »
TransPDF.com PDF Translation
Fast and Reliable PDF Translation - reduce your workload while maintaining quality

Unlock the potential of PDFs, taking your original PDF, replacing the text with your translations from your preferred tools and in minutes, get a high quality, ready-to-use, translated PDF. Try it now - your first 50 pages are free.

More info »

All of ProZ.com
  • All of ProZ.com
  • Term search
  • Jobs