Keywords marked within text I wrote - how is it possible?
Thread poster: Brandis (X)
Brandis (X)
Brandis (X)
Local time: 11:52
English to German
+ ...
Dec 3, 2003

Hi! Folks,

It struck me like a shock, to note that someone has access to my bid information. It happened such that, I was reading my old bids and found that here and there a few keywords were marked ( underlined, or painted yellow) with a link leading to www.monster.com. I didn´t like the idea, that someone other than me could have access to my bid information. What can I say??
I welcome all r
... See more
Hi! Folks,

It struck me like a shock, to note that someone has access to my bid information. It happened such that, I was reading my old bids and found that here and there a few keywords were marked ( underlined, or painted yellow) with a link leading to www.monster.com. I didn´t like the idea, that someone other than me could have access to my bid information. What can I say??
I welcome all replies
Collapse

Özden Arıkan
Özden Arıkan  Identity Verified
Germany
English to Turkish
+ ...
Very weird, indeed Dec 4, 2003

brandis wrote:

Hi! Folks,

It struck me like a shock, to note that someone has access to my bidinformation. It happened such that, I was reading my old bids and found that here and there a few keywords were marked ( underlined, or painted yellow) with a link leading to www.monster.com. I didn´t like the idea, that someone other than me could have access to my bid information. What can I say??
I welcome all replies

And have you found out what this monster.com is all about? The link you give does not open...

Brandis (X)
Brandis (X)
English to German
+ ...
TOPIC STARTER
about homeemployment Dec 4, 2003

Xola wrote:

brandis wrote:

Hi! Folks,

It struck me like a shock, to note that someone has access to my bidinformation. It happened such that, I was reading my old bids and found that here and there a few keywords were marked ( underlined, or painted yellow) with a link leading to www.monster.com. I didn´t like the idea, that someone other than me could have access to my bid information. What can I say??
I welcome all replies

And have you found out what this monster.com is all about? The link you give does not open...
I just found out that there are a few other such providers, from the other websites like home emploment etc., well this is about employment opportunities. I know the www.monster.com from the past, and hence was also surprised

[Edited at 2003-12-04 01:21]

Ralf Lemster
Ralf Lemster  Identity Verified
Germany
English to German
+ ...
Provide details, please Dec 4, 2003

Hi Brandis,
I suggest you contact a Jobs Area coordinator (Giuliana or myself) and provide exact details - unfortunately, there's nothing one can do on the basis of your description.

Specifically, we need to know:
- exactly which job(s) this is about;
- how you accessed your old bids (include URLs, please);
- where the highlights you describe occurred (in your browser/e-mail client/other software).

Thanks in advance.
Best regards, Ralf

Cathy Dotterer
Cathy Dotterer
Local time: 05:52
Sounds like you have adware on your system Dec 5, 2003

There is a typ of advertising software that will add links to certain text keywords displayed in your browser. If you see links in the text of your bids, which is what I think you are describing, adware could be the reason. Try viewing from a different computer, or get some software to clean your system.

Narasimhan Raghavan
Narasimhan Raghavan  Identity Verified
Local time: 15:22
English to Tamil
+ ...
In memoriam
I am using adaware freeware with satisfactory results Dec 6, 2003

You can download and install this freeware, which scans your system completely and unearths the spyware wherever they are hidden and quarantines them. You need to scan your system regularly. You will really be amazed to note the the number of such mischief makers in your computer, that get installed whenever you browse. Deleting the quarantined pro... See more
You can download and install this freeware, which scans your system completely and unearths the spyware wherever they are hidden and quarantines them. You need to scan your system regularly. You will really be amazed to note the the number of such mischief makers in your computer, that get installed whenever you browse. Deleting the quarantined programmes is just a child's play.
Go to: http://www.lavasoftusa.com
Regards,
N.Raghavan
Collapse

Brandis (X)
Brandis (X)
English to German
+ ...
TOPIC STARTER
Ad-Aware Dec 6, 2003

Narasimhan Raghavan wrote:

You can download and install this freeware, which scans your system completely and unearths the spyware wherever they are hidden and quarantines them. You need to scan your system regularly. You will really be amazed to note the the number of such mischief makers in your computer, that get installed whenever you browse. Deleting the quarantined programmes is just a child's play.
Regards,
N.Raghavan
Mr.Raghavan, Thank you very much for the tip, I have downloaded your suggested tool, just now and I shall get back as soon as I can. Moderator Mr. Lemster has received a screen scan of what I am trying to say already
Best Regards,
Bandis

Narasimhan Raghavan
Narasimhan Raghavan  Identity Verified
Local time: 15:22
English to Tamil
+ ...
In memoriam
Congrats Brandis Dec 6, 2003

Just do the scanning frequently and you will always be gratified with the detection capability of the software. Once you quarantine and delete the intruder spywares, you will feel gratified and your morale will get a booster.
If you are browsing adult sites, you will have to necessarily do the scan immediately afterwards, as you can bet that some spyware would have come in.
All the best,
N.Raghavan

brandis wrote:

Narasimhan Raghavan wrote:

Regards,
N.Raghavan
Mr.Raghavan, Thank you very much for the tip, I have downloaded your suggested tool, just now and I shall get back as soon as I can. Moderator Mr. Lemster has received a screen scan of what I am trying to say already
Best Regards,
Bandis

Ralf Lemster
Ralf Lemster  Identity Verified
Germany
English to German
+ ...
No he hasn't... Dec 6, 2003

Moderator Mr. Lemster has received a screen scan of what I am trying to say already

Sorry, but I haven't received anything. I believe you have my e-mail address; if you don't, contact me through my profile.

Thanks, Ralf

Brandis (X)
Brandis (X)
English to German
+ ...
TOPIC STARTER
problem eliminated - Adware Dec 8, 2003

Hallo all
It was some kind of Adware alright. I have now downloaded and installed a spyware tool as suggested by Mr. Raghavan, was most helpful. The phenomenon of the unlined words and links vanished completely. I thank you all again for your attention and contribution.

Best Regards,
Brandis

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

Keywords marked within text I wrote - how is it possible?

TM-Town
Manage your TMs and Terms ... and boost your translation business

Are you ready for something fresh in the industry? TM-Town is a unique new site for you -- the freelance translator -- to store, manage and share translation memories (TMs) and glossaries...and potentially meet new clients on the basis of your prior work.

More info »
Trados Business Manager Lite
Create customer quotes and invoices from within Trados Studio

Trados Business Manager Lite helps to simplify and speed up some of the daily tasks, such as invoicing and reporting, associated with running your freelance translation business.

More info »