Claudia Iglesias
Claudia Iglesias  Identity Verified
Chile
Local time: 15:19
Member (2002)
Spanish to French
+ ...
Mar 11, 2002

I have been out for a week and when I came back I had that one of my answers had been selected by peers. When I tried to see it I couldn\'t see it again because it had been squashed. But I can put it in the glossary if I want to. The reason given by the squasher is \"repetition\", but as far as I remember there was no repetition, and I had several agrees. The squasher is a moderator.

I\'d like to know if a question can be squashed after it has been answered, this answer has got \"agre
... See more
I have been out for a week and when I came back I had that one of my answers had been selected by peers. When I tried to see it I couldn\'t see it again because it had been squashed. But I can put it in the glossary if I want to. The reason given by the squasher is \"repetition\", but as far as I remember there was no repetition, and I had several agrees. The squasher is a moderator.

I\'d like to know if a question can be squashed after it has been answered, this answer has got \"agrees\" and it has been choosen as the best answer because of peers agreement.

It has happened to me, and the squasher is a moderator. I already asked this in another forum (may be the wrong one), and I also wrote to the squasher to ask him why he had squashed this question. I didn\'t get any answer.

Thank you for your answer

Claudia

My question is :

Can a question be squashed after Kudoz have been given ? Here they were awarded by peers, that means that time had passed. Or may be it had been squashed before and I hadn\'t notice it ?

Sorry for my English, thanks for your answers.

Collapse

Ralf Lemster
Ralf Lemster  Identity Verified
Germany
Local time: 21:19
English to German
+ ...
Squashing by moderators Mar 11, 2002

Hi Claudia,

Yes, a question can be squashed after answers have been submitted, and I guess that\'s also true after grading (=awarding of KudoZ), although I haven\'t had that situation yet. (Note that the squashing function is not only available to moderators, but also to members with a certain minimum amount of KudoZ - I believe it\'s 500, but I could be wrong on that one.)

To find out exactly what happened in your case, why don\'t you contact the moderator who squ
... See more
Hi Claudia,

Yes, a question can be squashed after answers have been submitted, and I guess that\'s also true after grading (=awarding of KudoZ), although I haven\'t had that situation yet. (Note that the squashing function is not only available to moderators, but also to members with a certain minimum amount of KudoZ - I believe it\'s 500, but I could be wrong on that one.)

To find out exactly what happened in your case, why don\'t you contact the moderator who squashed it?

HTH - best regards, Ralf
Collapse

Claudia Iglesias
Claudia Iglesias  Identity Verified
Chile
Local time: 15:19
Member (2002)
Spanish to French
+ ...
TOPIC STARTER
Thanks Ralf Mar 11, 2002

Thanks for your answer Ralf. Yes , that\'s what I thought, that contacting directly the squasher was the best way to know what had happened and how it works, and I did. I didn\'t get an answer. And I\'m sure he\'s a moderator because it\'s written in his profile.

Claudia

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

Question about squashing

Anycount & Translation Office 3000
Translation Office 3000

Translation Office 3000 is an advanced accounting tool for freelance translators and small agencies. TO3000 easily and seamlessly integrates with the business life of professional freelance translators.

More info »
CafeTran Espresso
You've never met a CAT tool this clever!

Translate faster & easier, using a sophisticated CAT tool built by a translator / developer. Accept jobs from clients who use Trados, MemoQ, Wordfast & major CAT tools. Download and start using CafeTran Espresso -- for free

Buy now! »