Wrong list when searching for pros - IMPORTANT
Thread poster: Silvio Picinini

Silvio Picinini  Identity Verified
United States
Local time: 20:10
English to Portuguese
+ ...
Jul 21, 2001

When you search for pros in a pair, the list shows the members sorted by total KudoZ points instead of Kudoz points for that pair. I have 724 points and I am behind somebody with 167 and another with 2 points. That\'s just wrong!

Direct link Reply with quote

gianfranco  Identity Verified
Brazil
Local time: 02:10
Member (2001)
English to Italian
+ ...
Jul 26, 2001

I agree with your suggestion.

The language lists should be sorted by Kudoz earned in the specific language combination.

There are some members (agencies mainly) registered for over 100 languages that have earned only 2/4 points in a particular language combination but they have over 700 in total.

Well, they appear on top of the list in that language pair, with 4 points!!!

I think that the general list is the place where the total score must count, not the language lists.

My other suggestion (already voiced elsewhere) is that agencies should not be listed amongst individual freelancers.

And this detail about the score is only the minor reason for doing this.

I hope these suggestions are taken into account at some point, or at least I would like to hear from the site owners.

[ This Message was edited by: on 2001-08-04 04:39 ]

Direct link Reply with quote

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

Wrong list when searching for pros - IMPORTANT

Advanced search

SDL Trados Studio 2017 Freelance
The leading translation software used by over 250,000 translators.

SDL Trados Studio 2017 helps translators increase translation productivity whilst ensuring quality. Combining translation memory, terminology management and machine translation in one simple and easy-to-use environment.

More info »
Protemos translation business management system
Create your account in minutes, and start working! 3-month trial for agencies, and free for freelancers!

The system lets you keep client/vendor database, with contacts and rates, manage projects and assign jobs to vendors, issue invoices, track payments, store and manage project files, generate business reports on turnover profit per client/manager etc.

More info »

All of ProZ.com
  • All of ProZ.com
  • Term search
  • Jobs