Thread poster: Silvio Picinini
Silvio Picinini
Silvio Picinini  Identity Verified
United States
Local time: 04:26
English to Portuguese
+ ...
Jul 21, 2001

When you search for pros in a pair, the list shows the members sorted by total KudoZ points instead of Kudoz points for that pair. I have 724 points and I am behind somebody with 167 and another with 2 points. That\'s just wrong!

gianfranco
gianfranco  Identity Verified
Brazil
Local time: 08:26
Member (2001)
English to Italian
+ ...
Jul 26, 2001

I agree with your suggestion.

The language lists should be sorted by Kudoz earned in the specific language combination.

There are some members (agencies mainly) registered for over 100 languages that have earned only 2/4 points in a particular language combination but they have over 700 in total.

Well, they appear on top of the list in that language pair, with 4 points!!!

I think that the general list is the place where the total score must cou
... See more
I agree with your suggestion.

The language lists should be sorted by Kudoz earned in the specific language combination.

There are some members (agencies mainly) registered for over 100 languages that have earned only 2/4 points in a particular language combination but they have over 700 in total.

Well, they appear on top of the list in that language pair, with 4 points!!!

I think that the general list is the place where the total score must count, not the language lists.

My other suggestion (already voiced elsewhere) is that agencies should not be listed amongst individual freelancers.

And this detail about the score is only the minor reason for doing this.

I hope these suggestions are taken into account at some point, or at least I would like to hear from the site owners.

[ This Message was edited by: on 2001-08-04 04:39 ]
Collapse

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

Wrong list when searching for pros - IMPORTANT

Anycount & Translation Office 3000
Translation Office 3000

Translation Office 3000 is an advanced accounting tool for freelance translators and small agencies. TO3000 easily and seamlessly integrates with the business life of professional freelance translators.

More info »
Trados Studio 2022 Freelance
The leading translation software used by over 270,000 translators.

Designed with your feedback in mind, Trados Studio 2022 delivers an unrivalled, powerful desktop and cloud solution, empowering you to work in the most efficient and cost-effective way.

More info »