https://www.proz.com/forum/prozcom_bugs/18692-directory_search_function_has_tech_engineering_preselected.html

Directory Search Function Has Tech/Engineering Preselected
Thread poster: NGK
NGK
NGK  Identity Verified
United States
Local time: 10:30
Feb 23, 2004

The directory search function has Tech/Engineering preselected as a specialty field. I consider this a flaw because not everybody using the search function will choose a specialty field when searching — which works as a disadvantage for translators who don’t offer Tech/Engineering as one of their specialties.

DGK T-I
DGK T-I  Identity Verified
United Kingdom
Local time: 16:30
Georgian to English
+ ...
Agree - please could the search field be changed to start at,"please select" ? Feb 24, 2004

Norbert Gunther Kramer wrote:

The directory search function has Tech/Engineering preselected as a specialty field. I consider this a flaw because not everybody using the search function will choose a specialty field when searching — which works as a disadvantage for translators who don’t offer Tech/Engineering as one of their specialties.

Giuli
~Eng Russ Geo~

[Edited at 2004-02-24 20:49]

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

Directory Search Function Has Tech/Engineering Preselected

Wordfast Pro
Translation Memory Software for Any Platform

Exclusive discount for ProZ.com users! Save over 13% when purchasing Wordfast Pro through ProZ.com. Wordfast is the world's #1 provider of platform-independent Translation Memory software. Consistently ranked the most user-friendly and highest value

Buy now! »
TM-Town
Manage your TMs and Terms ... and boost your translation business

Are you ready for something fresh in the industry? TM-Town is a unique new site for you -- the freelance translator -- to store, manage and share translation memories (TMs) and glossaries...and potentially meet new clients on the basis of your prior work.

More info »