"hide this answer" function misbehaving?
Thread poster: Cilian O'Tuama
Cilian O'Tuama
Cilian O'Tuama  Identity Verified
Germany
Local time: 19:47
German to English
+ ...
Mar 24, 2004

I replied to a question yesterday only to notice that someone else was faster and had made the same suggestion. I then hid mine and gave the other person my 'agree'. Today (i.e. hours later) I received 'congratulations' notification that my answer had been selected as most helpful.

Does this mean that the 'hide this answer' function isn't working, i.e. that hidden answers are not made invisible to askers/others?

It's no big deal, I just wanted to point it out in case
... See more
I replied to a question yesterday only to notice that someone else was faster and had made the same suggestion. I then hid mine and gave the other person my 'agree'. Today (i.e. hours later) I received 'congratulations' notification that my answer had been selected as most helpful.

Does this mean that the 'hide this answer' function isn't working, i.e. that hidden answers are not made invisible to askers/others?

It's no big deal, I just wanted to point it out in case it's a buglet.

http://www.proz.com/kudoz/670870
Collapse

Giuliana Buscaglione
Giuliana Buscaglione  Identity Verified
United States
Local time: 10:47
Member (2001)
German to Italian
+ ...
Strange, I can read that it should still be invisible Mar 24, 2004

Hi,

I knew this "misbehaviour" from KudoZ.net, i.e. hidden answers were still visible when questions were posted via KudoZ.net.

I find quite strange that your answer is visible, even if i clearly read *This answer has been made invisible to others*.

Jason?

Giuliana

Jason Grimes
Jason Grimes
Local time: 13:47
SITE STAFF
Seems to be a KudoZ.net bug Mar 24, 2004

Cilian and Giuliana,

This seems to be a bug in KudoZ.net, which the asker used to manage the question. Answer hiding seems to work properly outside of KudoZ.net--Cilian can see his hidden answer because it's his answer; Giuliana can see it because she's a moderator; no one else on the site can see it.

I will look further into this potential problem with KudoZ.net.

Regards,

Jason

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

"hide this answer" function misbehaving?

CafeTran Espresso
You've never met a CAT tool this clever!

Translate faster & easier, using a sophisticated CAT tool built by a translator / developer. Accept jobs from clients who use Trados, MemoQ, Wordfast & major CAT tools. Download and start using CafeTran Espresso -- for free

Buy now! »
TM-Town
Manage your TMs and Terms ... and boost your translation business

Are you ready for something fresh in the industry? TM-Town is a unique new site for you -- the freelance translator -- to store, manage and share translation memories (TMs) and glossaries...and potentially meet new clients on the basis of your prior work.

More info »