Rowan Morrell
Rowan Morrell  Identity Verified
New Zealand
Local time: 03:26
Member (2003)
French to English
+ ...
Apr 25, 2004

The "Search Glossaries" functions under the KudoZ menu is not working at the moment. When I enter a search term, nothing comes up - not even "No results found". I haven't encountered this before.

TIA for looking into this and fixing it.

Best Regards

ROWAN MORRELL
(WriteWord Translations)

Rowan Morrell
Rowan Morrell  Identity Verified
New Zealand
Local time: 03:26
Member (2003)
French to English
+ ...
TOPIC STARTER
Fixed the Problem Apr 25, 2004

I fixed the problem by disabling Norton Internet Security 2004. It's still a bit annoying though, because NIS 2004 has not previously blocked glossary search results. Maybe NIS 2004 thinks the results are "ads" or something.

Is there any way to fix the Search Glossaries function so NIS 2004 doesn't block it? Or conversely, does anyone know of a way to configure NIS 2004 so it doesn't block Search Glossaries results?

But at least I've identified the cause - wonderful thi
... See more
I fixed the problem by disabling Norton Internet Security 2004. It's still a bit annoying though, because NIS 2004 has not previously blocked glossary search results. Maybe NIS 2004 thinks the results are "ads" or something.

Is there any way to fix the Search Glossaries function so NIS 2004 doesn't block it? Or conversely, does anyone know of a way to configure NIS 2004 so it doesn't block Search Glossaries results?

But at least I've identified the cause - wonderful things that firewalls are, they can also be a bit of a nuisance!

Best Regards

ROWAN M.
Collapse

Bob Kerns (X)
Bob Kerns (X)  Identity Verified
Germany
Local time: 17:26
German to English
Configuring NIS 2004 Apr 25, 2004

Hi Rowan,

I also use NIS 2004 and am having no problems with searching in the Glossaries. I have, however, made some extra entries in NIS for the ProZ site. I use the German version of NIS so I'm just guessing at the English command names:

You should have an "Ads blocker" entry under Norton AntVirus in the main NIS window. Click on that and then on Configure in the column to the right.

In the next window whi
... See more
Hi Rowan,

I also use NIS 2004 and am having no problems with searching in the Glossaries. I have, however, made some extra entries in NIS for the ProZ site. I use the German version of NIS so I'm just guessing at the English command names:

You should have an "Ads blocker" entry under Norton AntVirus in the main NIS window. Click on that and then on Configure in the column to the right.

In the next window which appears click on Extended. You can then add www.proz.com to the list of sites at the left of the next window and having marked that entry you can then add the following entries as allowed in the ads blocker tab at the right:
&ad_
/ads/

If that doesn't solve the problem then check what NIS is blocking under "Block content" in the log display which you can access by clicking on Statistics in the main NIS menu. This is where I detected that NIS was blocking the 2 entries above and suppressing, for example, ads for Trados under ProZ.

If you find that NIS is blocking anything else for www.proz.com then you can enable such contents as explained above.

Hope this helps. Regards from Germany.
Bob
Collapse

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

Search Glossaries Function Not Working

Trados Studio 2022 Freelance
The leading translation software used by over 270,000 translators.

Designed with your feedback in mind, Trados Studio 2022 delivers an unrivalled, powerful desktop and cloud solution, empowering you to work in the most efficient and cost-effective way.

More info »
Trados Business Manager Lite
Create customer quotes and invoices from within Trados Studio

Trados Business Manager Lite helps to simplify and speed up some of the daily tasks, such as invoicing and reporting, associated with running your freelance translation business.

More info »