Is there a \"logout\" function?
Thread poster: Rodica Levitchi
Rodica Levitchi
Rodica Levitchi
English to Romanian
+ ...
Apr 12, 2002

While all the other translators are mad with being asked to re-login, I\'m confronted to the exactly opposite problem: I work in Albania right now and I use a public computer (in an internet cafe) and every time I open the proz page, I\'m logged in automatically. It means that anyone who opens the page from this computer is logged in under my name... My profile is not updated (kudoz and browniz points), there are a lot of kudoz questions I \"discover\" later or am able to see only after a search... See more
While all the other translators are mad with being asked to re-login, I\'m confronted to the exactly opposite problem: I work in Albania right now and I use a public computer (in an internet cafe) and every time I open the proz page, I\'m logged in automatically. It means that anyone who opens the page from this computer is logged in under my name... My profile is not updated (kudoz and browniz points), there are a lot of kudoz questions I \"discover\" later or am able to see only after a search for my language pairs, recent forum postings are not shown, etc.

Besides the \"intrusions\" this can bring to the site, the problem is that any Albanian translator who happens to want to log onto your site from one of the computers I\'ve used will not be able to change the profile and re-login under his/her own name.

I found out that proz enabled cookies and I suppose that this is where the problem comes from, but is there any other login solution for those who still don\'t have Internet at home or are currently working from a public-access computer? Is it possible to \"logout\" from proz?

Thank you.
Collapse

Rick Henry
Rick Henry  Identity Verified
United States
Local time: 10:32
Italian to English
+ ...
Yes, you can logout. Apr 12, 2002

Underneath your name, kudoz, browniz are a set of small icons.

Click on the icon furthest to the right (the logout icon).

HTH

R.

==

Quote:

On 2002-04-12 14:52, rlevitchi wrote:

Is it possible to \"logout\" from proz?

Thank you.

Werner George Patels, M.A., C.Tran.(ATIO) (X)
Werner George Patels, M.A., C.Tran.(ATIO) (X)
Local time: 11:32
German to English
+ ...
Yes, it's that little "open door" to the right Apr 12, 2002

Rodica Levitchi
Rodica Levitchi
English to Romanian
+ ...
TOPIC STARTER
Thank you! Apr 12, 2002

I\'ve managed to see the icon, even if it doesn\'t look much like a door to me... but I should have been at least curious of what all those little drawings mean!

After having posted the question, I discovered a very simple and enlightening FAQ... why is it often AFTER you ask something that you come up with the answer yourself?

BUT: it doesn\'t work on all computers! I logged out, closed the browser and, still, when I came back a little later, my profil
... See more
I\'ve managed to see the icon, even if it doesn\'t look much like a door to me... but I should have been at least curious of what all those little drawings mean!

After having posted the question, I discovered a very simple and enlightening FAQ... why is it often AFTER you ask something that you come up with the answer yourself?

BUT: it doesn\'t work on all computers! I logged out, closed the browser and, still, when I came back a little later, my profile was on the main page when I logged in! I tried another computer and it worked all right there.

My computer skills end here, so I need some more help: do you think there are browser settings I should disable before logging to the proz.com site in order to prevent my profile from being used by someone else?

Thank you again,

Rodica
Collapse

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

Is there a \"logout\" function?

CafeTran Espresso
You've never met a CAT tool this clever!

Translate faster & easier, using a sophisticated CAT tool built by a translator / developer. Accept jobs from clients who use Trados, MemoQ, Wordfast & major CAT tools. Download and start using CafeTran Espresso -- for free

Buy now! »
Wordfast Pro
Translation Memory Software for Any Platform

Exclusive discount for ProZ.com users! Save over 13% when purchasing Wordfast Pro through ProZ.com. Wordfast is the world's #1 provider of platform-independent Translation Memory software. Consistently ranked the most user-friendly and highest value

Buy now! »