Blue Board = USELESS
Thread poster: Werner George Patels, M.A., C.Tran.(ATIO) (X)
Werner George Patels, M.A., C.Tran.(ATIO) (X)
Local time: 01:37
German to English
+ ...
May 7, 2002

The Blue Board, in my opinion, is completely useless.

Just one example: ProZ staff decides, willy-nilly, what the \"truth\" is. I rated an agency, yet Jason keeps insisting that I never worked for that agency, thus rendering my rating invisible. However, I had worked for that agency for almost 2 years before it got really bad, and I still have my invoices to prove it.

To this day, Jason has failed to \"re-release\" my rating.

I am
... See more
The Blue Board, in my opinion, is completely useless.

Just one example: ProZ staff decides, willy-nilly, what the \"truth\" is. I rated an agency, yet Jason keeps insisting that I never worked for that agency, thus rendering my rating invisible. However, I had worked for that agency for almost 2 years before it got really bad, and I still have my invoices to prove it.

To this day, Jason has failed to \"re-release\" my rating.

I am sure that this is not the only case of things going wrong with the Blue Board. I have found the information to be highly unreliable. I also find it offensive that ProZ staff would label people as liars without having any information to base this opinion on.

There are several other ProZ members who have worked for the agency in question, and they, too, can confirm that I worked for that agency.

I think it is really outrageous that ProZ staff would jump to such conclusions without any proof at all.

Note: this is not just \"theory\"; Jason himself told me that my rating had been removed because he (or Henry) were convinced that I was lying about my affiliation with the agency. Well, I got witnesses and documentary evidence to back me up.

[ This Message was edited by: on 2002-05-08 01:45 ]
Collapse

Daina Jauntirans
Daina Jauntirans  Identity Verified
Local time: 00:37
German to English
+ ...
Check to see if there are ratings before using BrowniZ May 7, 2002

Also, check to see whether there are ratings for an agency on the Blue Board before giving up BrowniZ - I clicked to see the details on an agency only to find out there were no ratings, only a listing of what region in Germany it was in (and I knew that already!)

I should clarify here: if you go to the Blue Board from the navigation on the front page, you see immediately how many ratings have been given. What I did was click on the agency\'s name in a job posting to get to t
... See more
Also, check to see whether there are ratings for an agency on the Blue Board before giving up BrowniZ - I clicked to see the details on an agency only to find out there were no ratings, only a listing of what region in Germany it was in (and I knew that already!)

I should clarify here: if you go to the Blue Board from the navigation on the front page, you see immediately how many ratings have been given. What I did was click on the agency\'s name in a job posting to get to the Blue Board, in which case I did not first see the number of ratings.

[ This Message was edited by: on 2002-05-08 12:32 ]
Collapse

Local time: 01:37
German to English
+ ...
TOPIC STARTER
Right on May 8, 2002

Quote:

On 2002-05-07 23:34, Daina wrote:

I should clarify here: if you go to the Blue Board from the navigation on the front page, you see immediately... See more
Quote:

On 2002-05-07 23:34, Daina wrote:

I should clarify here: if you go to the Blue Board from the navigation on the front page, you see immediately how many ratings have been given. What I did was click on the agency\'s name in a job posting to get to the Blue Board, in which case I did not first see the number of ratings.

[ This Message was edited by: on 2002-05-08 12:32 ]

Yes, please don\'t waste your BrowniZ or money on such useless and unreliable information. If you need reliable information, go to TCR.

A) Some agencies, despite complaints to ProZ, have been allowed to rate themselves - USELESS

B) Some agencies have been rated by vindictive former translators - USELESS

C) Some crucial information is withheld by ProZ (while people posting such information are called liars) - USELESS ▲ Collapse

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

Blue Board = USELESS

CafeTran Espresso
You've never met a CAT tool this clever!

Translate faster & easier, using a sophisticated CAT tool built by a translator / developer. Accept jobs from clients who use Trados, MemoQ, Wordfast & major CAT tools. Download and start using CafeTran Espresso -- for free

Buy now! »
Protemos translation business management system
Create your account in minutes, and start working! 3-month trial for agencies, and free for freelancers!

The system lets you keep client/vendor database, with contacts and rates, manage projects and assign jobs to vendors, issue invoices, track payments, store and manage project files, generate business reports on turnover profit per client/manager etc.

More info »