Mobile menu

Time question - Re. Job postings
Thread poster: Nathalie M. Girard, ALHC
Nathalie M. Girard, ALHC  Identity Verified
English to French
+ ...
May 10, 2002

Good morning everyone

This may seem like a silly question and please forgive me if I\'ve missed the information somewhere...

What is the time showing on the job posts, is it GMT - 4 (USA East Coast) or GMT - 7 (West Coast) etc???

When I look at a job posting, the time it was posted (and the cut-off for bids) is confusing because I do not know which time zone we\'re working on here. It looks like Proz is based on a European time zone (or does it vary depending on the job poster?)

I could not find any information regarding which time zone Proz is running on or anything like this in the FAQs.

Thank you!

Nathalie

Direct link Reply with quote

Mary Worby  Identity Verified
United Kingdom
Local time: 03:53
German to English
+ ...
GMT May 10, 2002

ProZ\'s time is GMT. So, yes, it\'s European and is now about mid-afternoon and almost time to clock off for the weekend

HTH

Mary

Nathalie M. Girard, ALHC  Identity Verified
English to French
+ ...
TOPIC STARTER
Thanks Mary!!! May 10, 2002

I appreciate the confirmation on this )

Have a great weekend!

Nathalie

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

Time question - Re. Job postings

Advanced search

Quiick
Want to earn more in your spare time? Monetize your knowledge!

Do you speak one or more foreign languages? Fluency in target language + willingness & ability to help people in everyday situations could earn you $45 / hour. Download “Quiick Angel” app & become a guardian angel today

More info »
SDL MultiTerm 2017
Guarantee a unified, consistent and high-quality translation with terminology software by the industry leaders.

SDL MultiTerm 2017 allows translators to create one central location to store and manage multilingual terminology, and with SDL MultiTerm Extract 2017 you can automatically create term lists from your existing documentation to save time.

More info »

All of ProZ.com
  • All of ProZ.com
  • Term search
  • Jobs