Edit question
Thread poster: Mary Worby

Mary Worby  Identity Verified
United Kingdom
Local time: 16:31
German to English
+ ...
Sep 14, 2001

Sorry for the frequent questions - maybe bugs are like buses, you get none for ages, then three come along at once

The edit question function does not seem to work. Admittedly, it\'s a difficult one to test, because most questions don\'t need editing. But someone just posted an English-German question which should have been the other way round. Going to the \'Edit question\' function and changing them round has precisely nil effect.

Don\'t get me wrong, this doesn\'t actually worry me - I\'ve never been able to do it, so I can\'t miss it! But I thought you might want to know ...

Please contact me if you\'d like me to do any testing ...

Best regards

Mary

Direct link

Henry Dotterer
Local time: 11:31
SITE FOUNDER
Fixed - questions can now be edited by users with >100 kudoz Oct 3, 2001

Thanks again, Mary.

This was a permissions bug. I fixed it.

Now, pros with more than 100 kudoz points (and moderators) can change the language pair or field of specialization of questions.

So if a question is marked German to English when it should be English to German, click \"Edit question\" to set it right.

Likewise for categories.

If you would like to test this, look up English to English kudoz questions. There will probably be several questions which are not English. Try correcting them.

Don\'t worry too much about making an error; whatever you do, you can undo (by doing it again in reverse.)

Direct link

Mary Worby  Identity Verified
United Kingdom
Local time: 16:31
German to English
+ ...
TOPIC STARTER
Yep - fixed! Oct 3, 2001

Just tested that and it appears to be fixed. Thanks again, Henry, you\'re doing a fantastic job and providing a great service

Regards

Mary

Direct link

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

Edit question

Advanced search

Websites for Translators
Build your new website, create a set of compelling graphics or find a new branding path with us.

We help both freelance translators and established translation agencies by applying online marketing strategies in the competitive world of languages. Click below to find out more!

More info »
Across v6.3
Translation Toolkit and Sales Potential under One Roof

Apart from features that enable you to translate more efficiently, the new Across Translator Edition v6.3 comprises your crossMarket membership. The new online network for Across users assists you in exploring new sales potential and generating revenue.

More info »

All of ProZ.com
  • All of ProZ.com
  • Term search
  • Jobs