https://www.proz.com/forum/prozcom_bugs/294-a_reply_to_your_topic_has_been_posted.html

A reply to your topic has been posted.
Thread poster: Nikki Scott-Despaigne
Nikki Scott-Despaigne
Nikki Scott-Despaigne  Identity Verified
Local time: 14:30
French to English
Sep 21, 2001

When posting a message, there is an option to be notified when replies are posted. When the message comes through (as above), there is a link : which does not work. Anything funny going on?

Julia Gal
Julia Gal  Identity Verified
French to English
+ ...
Sep 21, 2001

Hi Nikki,

Yes, when a reply is posted to your message, the server automatically sends you a notification message. However, because the reply first has to be validated by a moderator, it is not usually visible for a couple of days on the site!

Next time you get one, give it 48 hours and THEN click on the link!!!

DR. RICHARD BAVRY (X)
DR. RICHARD BAVRY (X)
Spanish to English
+ ...
Sep 22, 2001

Well, you know the saying: \"same old, same old\"!

Nikki Scott-Despaigne
French to English
TOPIC STARTER
Still nothing Oct 17, 2001

unless you consider this to be of use :

Warning: Supplied argument is not a valid MySQL-Link resource in /home/pages/proz/inc/bb/functions.php on line 970

Warning: Supplied argument is not a valid MySQL-Link resource in /home/pages/proz/inc/bb/auth.php on line 23

Warning: Supplied argument is not a valid MySQL-Link resource in /home/pages/proz/inc/bb/auth.php on line 42

An Error Occured

----------------
... See more
unless you consider this to be of use :

Warning: Supplied argument is not a valid MySQL-Link resource in /home/pages/proz/inc/bb/functions.php on line 970

Warning: Supplied argument is not a valid MySQL-Link resource in /home/pages/proz/inc/bb/auth.php on line 23

Warning: Supplied argument is not a valid MySQL-Link resource in /home/pages/proz/inc/bb/auth.php on line 42

An Error Occured

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

phpBB was unable to connect to the database.

Please check $dbhost, $dbuser, and $dbpasswd in config.php.
Collapse

Henry Dotterer
Henry Dotterer
Local time: 08:30
SITE FOUNDER
It is a bug. That link will never work. Oct 17, 2001

I am working on making sure good links get sent out. The old links were bad.

Take the emails as notification that a reply has been received. Then come here to the forums and browse for your topic.

Sorry!

Nikki Scott-Despaigne
French to English
TOPIC STARTER
Thanks Oct 17, 2001

Thanks for your reply Henry. Oh well, never mind. It means I have to keep a note of what I\'ve been up to on the forum and/or will have to browse. Is this all part of a dastardly master plan to keep us all nice and active on the forums?! (British humour, second degree...) It will probably work with me as I am sometimes easily distracted!

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

A reply to your topic has been posted.

Anycount & Translation Office 3000
Translation Office 3000

Translation Office 3000 is an advanced accounting tool for freelance translators and small agencies. TO3000 easily and seamlessly integrates with the business life of professional freelance translators.

More info »
TM-Town
Manage your TMs and Terms ... and boost your translation business

Are you ready for something fresh in the industry? TM-Town is a unique new site for you -- the freelance translator -- to store, manage and share translation memories (TMs) and glossaries...and potentially meet new clients on the basis of your prior work.

More info »