Mobile menu

Bidding form: problem with currency
Thread poster: Minna Wood MITI (Purring CAT Ltd.)

Minna Wood MITI (Purring CAT Ltd.)  Identity Verified
United Kingdom
Local time: 02:31
English to Finnish
+ ...
Jun 7, 2002

When bidding, there is a new feature in the form where you select the currency for your price. I have now bid for two jobs and both times after sending the bid I have noticed that after my price there is a USD price in brackets which has been converted with a completely incorrect conversion rate! What I mean is that, in addition to the price and the currency I have entered, the price line now shows a USD price that does not match my price at all (is either much lower or much higher when converted with the day’s exchange rate).

Why does it add a USD price if the bidder doesn’t even select it???

If it\'s a feature that is needed there please can you make sure that it uses the correct exchange rate. Otherwise it can confuse the job poster and really does make the bidder look stupid!

Direct link Reply with quote

Corrected Jun 7, 2002

A few of the conversion rates, most notably EUR and GBP, where entered incorrectly. They have been fixed.

Also note that the pages don\'t necessarily display the USD conversion after the other currency. This is a user preference that you can set in your User settings. So if job pricing was entered in EUR, and you have your preference set to GBP, you would see:

0.10 EUR per word (0.06 GBP)

Direct link Reply with quote

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

Advanced search

Anycount & Translation Office 3000
Translation Office 3000

Translation Office 3000 is an advanced accounting tool for freelance translators and small agencies. TO3000 easily and seamlessly integrates with the business life of professional freelance translators.

More info »
Déjà Vu X3
Try it, Love it

Find out why Déjà Vu is today the most flexible, customizable and user-friendly tool on the market. See the brand new features in action: *Completely redesigned user interface *Live Preview *Inline spell checking *Inline

More info »

All of ProZ.com
  • All of ProZ.com
  • Term search
  • Jobs