Thread poster: Jack Doughty

Jack Doughty  Identity Verified
United Kingdom
Local time: 21:20
Member (2000)
Russian to English
+ ...
Jun 29, 2002

Claudia Iglesias started a forum topic on the possibility of starting an \"Off tipic forum\". This appears in the table on the main ProZ page with the forum title on the left as \"off topic\". King Darling has somehow managed to post a reply to this, but when I tried to do so, I got the following message:

Warning: Bad arguments to implode() in /home/pages/proz/inc/classes/class.template.inc.php on line 432

Template Error: loadfile: While loading forum_track_new_post, /home/pages/proz/templates/cleantab/email/forum_track_new_post.tpl does not exist or is empty.

Halted.Template Error: subst: unable to load forum_track_new_post.

Halted.

So I can\'t post to an off topic forum because I am off topic? How do we get round this catch-22 situation?

Direct link Reply with quote

Ralf Lemster  Identity Verified
Germany
Local time: 22:20
English to German
+ ...
You did respond... Jun 30, 2002

...click on the link on the main page again, and you\'ll see. I got the same error message a few times; I suspect this is related to some new forum functions Jason is working on.

Mary Worby  Identity Verified
United Kingdom
German to English
+ ...
Where is the off-topic forum? Jun 30, 2002

I can see it on the front page, but not anywhere on the main forums page? Is it just me or has it gone AWOL?

Regards

Mary

Jack Doughty  Identity Verified
United Kingdom
Member (2000)
Russian to English
+ ...
TOPIC STARTER
Off Topic Forum Jun 30, 2002

Thank you, Ralf, I had already discovered that my reply had been posted (it hadn\'t been at the time I posted the Bugs message).

The question raised by Mary still needs addressing. At present, the topics entered under the heading \"Off topic\" are still in the table on the main ProZ page, with Off topic in the left-hand column, but where will they go when they are forced off there by further incoming topics? Could we please have \"Off topic\" (or whatever name you care to give it) listed as an official forum? The idea is that it should be an English-language equivalent of the foreign language forums, in which any subject can be discussed without anyone complaining that it is irrelevant to the heading under which it is entered.

Lesley Clayton
France
French to English
+ ...
Agree with Jack Jul 5, 2002

Ok, so we can reply to a message \'off topic\', but how do you create a new thread?

Mary Worby  Identity Verified
United Kingdom
German to English
+ ...
New thread ... Jul 5, 2002

If you go to the \'post new topic\' link on the main page, you get to pick the forum you want your topic to go into, and \'off topic\' is an option.

But I think it still ought to be visible on the main page

Regards

Mary

Lesley Clayton
France
French to English
+ ...
Thanks Mary Jul 6, 2002

Regards, Lesley.

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

Failed attempt to post reply to non-existent forum

Advanced search

WordFinder
The words you want Anywhere, Anytime

WordFinder is the market's fastest and easiest way of finding the right word, term, translation or synonym in one or more dictionaries. In our assortment you can choose among more than 120 dictionaries in 15 languages from leading publishers.

More info »
Across v6.3
Translation Toolkit and Sales Potential under One Roof

Apart from features that enable you to translate more efficiently, the new Across Translator Edition v6.3 comprises your crossMarket membership. The new online network for Across users assists you in exploring new sales potential and generating revenue.

More info »

All of ProZ.com
  • All of ProZ.com
  • Term search
  • Jobs